SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a SR20DET motor fit in a RWD Toyota Corolla AE86? What other nissan motor is there that is better then the SR20DET, Im just switching over from a 92 Eclipse GSX getting into nissan motors because mitsubishi motors suck :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Lots of things fit with the right amount of money. That said, I would keep it toyota for simplicitys sake. A 4agze should be much easier to fit than any nissan engine would be, and isnt too hard to get power out of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mitsubishi transmissions suck on a AWD my just poped again for the 2nd time causing over $1k of damage in the tranny its not worth for me to put another grand in it again to fix the tranny. Iv been meaning to get a 240 for a while now or a ae86

·
Registered
655 Posts
well nissan trannys arent that great either. Well at least not on our FWD SR20 motors:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my 2nd gear blew out twice already each time it costs a fortune to fix and i just dont have that much money. I had it double syncrod and it still blew out. Well if anyone know anyone in NY that is selling a SR20DET Nissan 240 (180) please let me know

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
92talontsi said:
well my 2nd gear blew out twice already each time it costs a fortune to fix and i just dont have that much money. I had it double syncrod and it still blew out. Well if anyone know anyone in NY that is selling a SR20DET Nissan 240 (180) please let me know
Yeah i work at a Mitsubishi $tealership and i see tons of DSM's with either blown engines, crazy oil leaks from everywhere you can think of, or fried trannies.....i dunno why but the 4g63 engine seems just so incredibly high maintenance....if you lose even the littleest bit of oil you will blow your ****....dont get me wrong those engines are hardcore, but you have to monitor them like crazy....the bottom end is stout like the SR20DET is.....

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
a friend of mine has a supercharged carolla like that, its really pimp, i say do it, its different, and one thing i really dont like about the sr20 community is they never want to try anything new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts