SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the DET bolt onto our trannys.? Say 1996 SE-R tranny. DO we need to replce the axles, tranny etc. If say for instance i wanted to install the DET into my 1996.

TIA,
gpser96

·
_______
3,640 Posts
The DET bolts up to the stock DE trans. I had one bolt on the trans that didn't line up and one on the thing that holds the passenger side axle tourque support thing.

Mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,

How are the DETs on emissions. Can i do the US cat and pass.? I assume Wolf can redo my ECU to be compatible with the DET.?

gpser96

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Emissions hehehe... Where do you live? The only emissions part I have on my car is the cat. Your soposed to be able to pass the sniffer but I haven't tried. I live in NH and their is no need to. A visuial on the other hand you won't pass. The DET has no EGR and that is illegal. You can swap the IM to a usdm 91 model and hook up the EGR if you really are worried about it.

JWT can program your ECU to run with the DET. You need to use you stock DE maf and harness.

Mike

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Because I have a little green in me somewhere. The stock cat flows really well and their isn't really any reason to take it out unless your going all out race motor. Sure it good for turbo but it would make my car really illegal.

Mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hummm, i live in Northern Va we have the visual and sniffer test..although i know the tech who does my inspection so the visual would pass. I don't know enough about the sniffer ratings to see if yours would pass here but my tech said he could get any car to pass with a little gas additive. I suppose with the cat installed it would be close only part that worries me is the sniffer. I know someone around here with a DET i'll see what his did on the sniffer.

G

·
Keep in mind that you can only swap over the intake manifold on a BlueBird, not a GTi-R. Also don't forget that you would have to modify the exhaust manifold on the BlueBird for the EGR pipe as well, or go off of the down pipe.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Chris good thing you mentioned that. The head design is diffrent on the GTI-R too? hmmm I was wondering if the bolt pattern was the same or not.

Mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what kinda power am i looking at with a BB DET, CObra MAF and 370cc Injectors, Wolf ECU, how much boost can i safely run on pump gas and have a totally bullet proof daily driver.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Well if your going with the Cobra Maf you might as well go with the MSD injectors. I don't think JWT will program for the maf without the injectors.

With the t25 turbo the boost limit for daily use is 10psi. Much over that and your pushing the limits of the turbo and creating lots of back pressure in the manifold. I don''t know about power but you will have a 13 sec car with trap speeds at 101+.

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Big question: what's the difference of 10psi with stock MAF and 370cc's versus 10psi with Cobra MAF and 555cc injectors? As long as the stock MAF doesn't max out at that point (Mike Kojima says 9-10psi should be about the max on the stocker), the MAF will tell whatever injectors to provide the proper amount of fuel for that amount of air. Why even bother with those injectors and that MAF for a T25 other than to turn up the boost to 15 or so at the track?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I don't know if their really is a diffrence unless you plan on upgrading. But... After I got the maf and injectors the car felt a hell of alot faster. 8psi felt like 10psi extra fuel mabey?? Plus you can turn it up to 12 or 14 if you feel like it

Mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly my point...turn up the boost for PRO SOLO autocross launches. I will be takin on 400hp Supras and as long as i can get some mad power by turning up the wick i can at least stand a chance once the track goes twisty after 2nd gear.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's your guys suggestion Mike and Ben on where to start loking for BB DETs. I definitely don't want a terd motor, and i have a while to build this so any ideas..??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts