SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get a sr20det what would i have to get to swap? do i have to get a new ecu? radiator? fuel pump? ect. or can i just swap and use parts from the sr20de? Im new so bare with me

·
Nissan Enthusiast
410 Posts
I'm going through the swap process right now. As for the ECU you have a choice to have JWT or Calum reprogram or run a AFC.

Yes, you will need an upgraded fuel pump. There are a lot of choices but from what I have seen most go with Walbro.

As for the radiator not necessary but wouldn't hurt if you have the funds.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Strange, my post didn't take earlier.

EDIT: Strange, very strange...The turbo faq and guide area isn't working...

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
if i get a sr20det what would i have to get to swap? do i have to get a new ecu? radiator? fuel pump? ect. or can i just swap and use parts from the sr20de? Im new so bare with me
1. Depends on the SR20DET you go with, first.
2. Are you getting just the block, or are you getting a whole motor complete with MAF, Wiring harness, sensors, ECU, etc?
3. You can keep your ECU, Maf, Injectors, etc. etc. with the stock harness, but you won't be able to do much with it being turbocharged, without some sort of piggyback/tuning.
4. Fuel pumps are recommended, though you can run with the stocker (you WILL notice a difference)
5. You don't NEED a radiator, but it would be useful. (I'm not going to run with an upgraded radiator until I determine my car isn't running cool enough)

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
1. Depends on the SR20DET you go with, first.
2. Are you getting just the block, or are you getting a whole motor complete with MAF, Wiring harness, sensors, ECU, etc?
3. You can keep your ECU, Maf, Injectors, etc. etc. with the stock harness, but you won't be able to do much with it being turbocharged, without some sort of piggyback/tuning.
4. Fuel pumps are recommended, though you can run with the stocker (you WILL notice a difference)
5. You don't NEED a radiator, but it would be useful. (I'm not going to run with an upgraded radiator until I determine my car isn't running cool enough)
4..i love my walbro--im running 8psi now and it felt chocked at top end with the stocker..once the walbro went in and some tuning happened..8psi felt like a monster

5.upgraded rad is good if ur running a/c..i have the stocker also and when she went on a def. no a/c diet my temp go way down to like 180*

i'll add 6-7
6. stronger clutch
7.nx brakes
no flaming on sundays :confused:

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
:rofl: Thanks T bags :D

Also a good idea on the nx brakes and clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts