SR20 Forum banner

SR20DET Swap?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike 
G
#1 ·
Has anyone done a turbo swap into a classic? How much a pain in the ass was it? Any tips? How long did it take?
Thanks
Rob

G
#2 ·
OK...if this was the Civic board, I'd just trick people into replying by asking about big japanese decals on the windshield...or maybe clear turn signals...just kidding so has anyone done this swap on the board?

#5 ·
I have done many sr20det swaps. Most of the time things run smoothly. ECU and be your friend or a pain in the ass! The MAF sensor(if it is from a Cobra R) can be a pain too.

The best thing to do is get all the parts together before you start doing anything. That saves alot time and sometimes money.

My last swap that my crew did took only 14 hours (our best swap time). Right now im about to start my own sr20det swap into my B12. I'm wating for a manifold to be made up to accommodate a new turbo (T04).

#8 ·
Tips,PITA? Check out the SE-R list arcives. I spent about 2 weeks searching through that thing before I did my swap. To bad I didn't find any thing warning me not to rool the car with no axles in it.... DOH!

Mike
98 SE no R :) pulling 13.9's with the car seat in the back.

#10 ·
18psi!!! Sheet! What kind of MAF is he using? I understand the GTI-R has bigger injectors than mine(410cc?)but if he is running that boost with the stock DE maf he's going to be in trouble.

I have the stock DE maf and the stock BB 370cc injectors so I'm only running 8 psi on the street. At the track I have had it to about 11.5 psi w/c16 race gas. But at that point the maf is toped out and the injectors are getting close.

Mike..needing cobra maf,new injectors and fule rail.

#11 ·
The GTi-R engine has alot of different thing from the Bluebird's engine (as you all should know). The main talk about is the quad T/bodies, but the GTi-R also has a T28 turbo (instead of the T25 on the bluebird), 444 cc injectors, and the ECU is setup for racing.

The MAF on his car is stock. He wants to get the car in the 12's with the setup it's in right now (before the tires he have on now wear out). Then were looking at low 11's from there (bigger turbo and other tricks). The car runs constant 13.1's and sometimes low 13.2's (on a bad day). The only problem is the ECU is still stock GTi-R so it tops out a 115mph (damn!).

If you want to check it out go to my site: http://paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html it's the first car under the projects car list.

G
#12 ·
Hey Mike, are you running a BB w/ stock DE MAF and the stock BB ECU program? I was going to do my own build up but everyone was telling me that I couldn't use the stock DE MAF w/ the BB ECU program. any thoughts?

#13 ·
SR20 B12,
Is using his stock DE maf or is he running the GTI-R DET maf with the GTI-R DET ECU? I know the stock DE maf tops out at around 8-12psi or 220hp depending on who you talk to. If he is running that boost with the stock maf He could be running into some trouble, or mabey he found a way around it?

Slownx2k,
From what I have heard the DET ecu cant read the signal from the DE maf. I'm using the JWT ecu set-up in my car with the stock maf.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.