SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys i looked around but couldnt find something very specific... does anyone know where i can find the instal info on a sr20det into a b13? i have had noo luck but at se-r.net. but i need something alittle more indepth. i am starting the swap possible tomorow if all smog goes well :D ... or if anyone wouldnt mind helping me out with the swap info...

thanks jake

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
factory service manual helps

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know if i have my fsm... should i buy a chiltons manual (*spelling*) or where should i find a fsm

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
FSM can only be bought through a dealership. Try ebay or the forum classifieds section.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and is there still any other sites/books that i could use to guide me better... and with the fsm do you think i myself wich is not an idiot lol. would i be able to figure out wiring? my brother is an electrician as so am i, hes just alot more skilled. and maybe some diffrnces in the avenir over bluebirds??? and last thing would it be smarter to just swap all the hardware. and pay someone else to do the wiring, because i couild screw something up? ill ask charlie2020 if he would be interested in just doing my wiring... i might also be a waste of time, i dont know

·
SE-R Monster
661 Posts
well if you have a b13 the damn thing nearly just drops in same as the old sr20 you got. you need to swap over the us tps and one other thing i think. the x-member will also need to be flatend a lil so the botom of the block will not rub or u could just grind the bottom of the block. other wise its cake. oh use the us engine mounts.
Rocco

·
Registered
593 Posts
^^^ couldnt have said it any better, 1 more thing u need to extend ur o2 sensor wire and 1 more wire needs extending also, its all in ser.net

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you all are saying that i dont even need to cut the harness and reconnect wires anywhere... i just unbold and disconnect the plugs pull the engine, and then drop in the avenir bolt up and plug in and im set? i thought there was alot of wiring issues... maybe i was trippin! so you think i could do it in a week? i have the cherry picker already, and clutch and all the other bs... just tomorow morning i HAVE TO PASS SMOG!! if i dont then i cant follow through with the swap for a bit!

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do i also retain all the other us stuff like

DE distributor, was not sure about, i know ve needed DE dist

DE main wiring harness, i just unpluf the de and put in the avenir and plug up the avenir harness to the car harness... **** i dont know if i am way off or not, im sure i would understand it much more with it infront of me

DE fuel injector wiring harness?

DE temperature sensor , where is this located

DE throttle position sensor, tps is right on the throttle bodie i believe

DE air-idle control valve (extend wire), where is this located

DE O2 sensor (you will need the O2 sensor adapter nut off the DE exhaust
manifold as well) ok

DET power steering 90° bend onto DE pump, ?

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ps thanks for the help guys its really apricaited.. i would search but alot of times when u start reading the thread it turns into something totally not what im looking for. i kind of need more direct answers.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
guys today i...

took out my battery
took off my exhaust mani.
removed most smog things
removed all fuel and water lines
disconnected anyyyy plug i could find conected to the engine from the car
and unbolted the tranny
i think the engine is now only in by mounts.

all i need now is the cherrry picker and ive got this engine removed....
what i need to know is from where i stand do i just pull the engine up and kind of wedge it out? because its got about 3 inches to move to the left (when look at mani) to clear the tranny? is this correct or do i need to do something special to get it out, like drop the tranny or something???

soon as this engine is out im cleaning up the engine bay and going to drop in the det, you guys got a crap load of questions coming to you. because already looking at that engine bay, i feel wayy over my head!!! wish me luck guys and please any one that has done this swap, inform me on any snags i may hit or certain ways of making my life easier!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Drop the engine with the tranny.

·
Registered
470 Posts
sr20veb13 said:
all i need now is the cherrry picker and ive got this engine removed....
what i need to know is from where i stand do i just pull the engine up and kind of wedge it out? because its got about 3 inches to move to the left (when look at mani) to clear the tranny? is this correct or do i need to do something special to get it out, like drop the tranny or something???
I'm doing a swap right as well. The easiest and prefered way to get the engine out is the bottom. I dunno if you have taken out the axles yet but you can drop the engine/tranny/axle combo and about 2.5ft. of clearance. install is the backwards.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i found out today after about 5 hours of prying! the enigne is damn near immmmmpoossiible to remove without tranny!!! i probobly screwed **** up getting pist!! but there is no damn way in hell that thing is coming out with the tranny on... i feel like an ass for wasting a whole day... i guess tomorow im going to put like 4 bolts back in the tranny and remove my axles! this sucks soo much guys! sucks that i need to take the axles out... were do i jack the car up with no cross member in there?

on a better not, i installed my ic and it looks really nice :D

swapping engines is not fuun lol!

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok guys i got the engine out today, much cleaner and easier than i thought it would be! ... ok for the next question. all the wire harness is still in the engine bay and the de is on a hoist... what is the easiest way? should i pull out the harness from the engine bay through the fire wall, swap all needed parts from the de to the avenir and then connect the wire harness out side of the car then when i swap the engine in a just need to run it back throught the fire wall and connect it to the computer? or should i keep the wire harness in the engine bay, swap all the necesary parts on to the the avenir and then drop the engine in and connect all the plugs inside the engine bay? thanks guysss !!!

p.s i didnt screw up may tranny or nothing lol!!! swaping the engine is kind of fun and exciting and dirtyy as hell! ill get pictures sooonn!! still looking for a downpipe/ j pipe.... andreas always is the first to answer when i want something, so offcourse i say "ok cool ill buy it, now how do i get ahold of you to buy it??"... and thats about as for as it ever gets lol he could have made attleeasttt 3.5k off me!... well its all good im totaly happy with my avenir!

·
THE REAL MR SR20!
570 Posts
det in2 b13-
1) remove axles
2)disconnect hose and and associated wiring not connected to motor (power steering plug/fans relays/
3)disconnect ecu plug and cross thru firewall
4)remove cross member and losen motor mounts
5)lower motor and tranny together with cherry picker
7)put det and de side by side, and ready to prep the de
8)put de idle control valve and tps on det(always put fuction equipment while motors out make things easier)
9)the only sensor that are not use are the egr wich are two abovethe throttle body
10)add the de power steeringt pump,alternator/pass
motormount bracket axle bracket, remember one
bolt will be missing on det's

1 - 20 of 48 Posts