SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Anyone ever installed a DET turbo on a DE ? Are there any necessary mods needed to the ECU ? Mines a. auto, is the transmission up to the task ?

Any feedbacks would be great.

Thanks in advance.

;) ;)
 

·
Professor Dingbat
Joined
·
5,543 Posts
It hasnt been done. Ever. Why would SR20DET parts work on an SR20?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SERprise In WV said:
Lots of people have, including me. Your best bet is to look up ^ and peruse the FAQ.

I chronicled my turbo transformation at my website www.TurboChargedSE-R.com

Whoa .. great site dude !! Just one thing .... I don't think I can a JWT ECU here in Malaysia ... :-(

Also, mine's got an auto tranny, so I'm guessing you CAN'T use the original ECU, right ? (This is one thing I hope I'm wrong ... )
 

·
Enemy of the stupid
Joined
·
4,727 Posts
Mike V said:
Whoa .. great site dude !! Just one thing .... I don't think I can a JWT ECU here in Malaysia ... :-(

Also, mine's got an auto tranny, so I'm guessing you CAN'T use the original ECU, right ? (This is one thing I hope I'm wrong ... )
Yes you are so wrong my friend. You should know about the AFC,the greddy Emange, Apexi PFC, HKS Fcon, Hyper tech! there are many road to be travled which one will you take?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yellow4g63 said:
Yes you are so wrong my friend. You should know about the AFC,the greddy Emange, Apexi PFC, HKS Fcon, Hyper tech! there are many road to be travled which one will you take?
Ooookay ... so if I'm limited by my purchase options .. (aka, outta dough) could I use an SR20DET ECU instead ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
i dont see why you couldnt have jwt tune your ecu. im using a auto ecu tuned by jwt in my manual, the only thing it does is through a code for the tranny.
 

·
Enemy of the stupid
Joined
·
4,727 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
uh oh yellow, RB25DET for the S13 eh?

when's that thing going together?

I am not balling that hard lol. it's the RB20 couldn't find a RB25 for a good price at the time. If I waited I could off. It's going in I hope next week, won't run till maybe 2 more weeks. It's going to depend on if I can get my hands on a Microtech standalone or a stock ecu.
 

·
70/30 Racing
Joined
·
11,372 Posts
well, you can upgrade in internals later right? or is the bore different on them?

the RB20 is way cheaper than a RWD SR20 right?
 

·
Enemy of the stupid
Joined
·
4,727 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
well, you can upgrade in internals later right? or is the bore different on them?

the RB20 is way cheaper than a RWD SR20 right?
Yeah you can stuff the RB26 Crank n Rods in there with 4AGZE pistons to make it a 2.4 thats very rev friendly. Yeah it's was cheaper than the SR20 stuff not sure if it still is. at the time I ordered it was 1500 for the motorset (Still waiting on a few stuff) It's like the SR20 swap in that you don't need a custom drive shatf like the 25. I already have a FMIC for it and a 300zx LSD waiting to go in. Just need the ECU lol thats why I'm tryin to get my hands on a Microtech. I don't know how long it's goin to take him to find the ECU and I kinda want to get something that I can configure so when I upgrade the turbo I can lay the Smack Down on MR PssshhhgoesmySR20. He looks down on my little RB20 :) it's goin to be even better when I take him apart lol. That Reminds me I need to get a sticker made "It's just a RB20 :rolleyes:" lol Some guy on another forum turned out a [email protected] with the stock turbo and ecu. Yeah Mike better watch out because he didn't have a 3" downpipe :tongue:

My other friend got a Rb25 Lucky SOB!!! got it for 2200!!!!!!!!!!! I would have jumped on that thing if I knew it was there but ohh well. It's going into his S13 about the same time mine is too. Some kool vids will be made.
 

·
70/30 Racing
Joined
·
11,372 Posts
does the RB20 have the T3 flanged manifold? or you gonna get one for it?

cant wait to see this thing up and running, you going to the convention this year?
 

·
Enemy of the stupid
Joined
·
4,727 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
does the RB20 have the T3 flanged manifold? or you gonna get one for it?

cant wait to see this thing up and running, you going to the convention this year?
Yeah it's the same exhaust manifold as the RB25. I'm talkin to a guy right now about a SC61 turbo, I don't think it will be too bad on a 2.0 str8 6 I hope. If I'm not working on that weekend I'll prob drive out there or if I don't have work anymore I'll prob be out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
if you need any thing for your RB I can get about any thing you could ever want from japan for it .I import parts as a lil side buisness
 

·
Enemy of the stupid
Joined
·
4,727 Posts
RBNMYZ said:
if you need any thing for your RB I can get about any thing you could ever want from japan for it .I import parts as a lil side buisness
Looking for a ECU right now so I can enjoy the motor. If u have one let me know and I'll look into my empty wallet and make some change.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top