SR20 Forum banner

SR20DET upgrade on SR20 DE ?

1K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Big John 
#1 ·
Guys,

Anyone ever installed a DET turbo on a DE ? Are there any necessary mods needed to the ECU ? Mines a. auto, is the transmission up to the task ?

Any feedbacks would be great.

Thanks in advance.

;) ;)

#4 ·
SERprise In WV said:
Lots of people have, including me. Your best bet is to look up ^ and peruse the FAQ.

I chronicled my turbo transformation at my website www.TurboChargedSE-R.com

Whoa .. great site dude !! Just one thing .... I don't think I can a JWT ECU here in Malaysia ... :-(

Also, mine's got an auto tranny, so I'm guessing you CAN'T use the original ECU, right ? (This is one thing I hope I'm wrong ... )

#5 ·
Mike V said:
Whoa .. great site dude !! Just one thing .... I don't think I can a JWT ECU here in Malaysia ... :-(

Also, mine's got an auto tranny, so I'm guessing you CAN'T use the original ECU, right ? (This is one thing I hope I'm wrong ... )
Yes you are so wrong my friend. You should know about the AFC,the greddy Emange, Apexi PFC, HKS Fcon, Hyper tech! there are many road to be travled which one will you take?

#11 ·
i dont see why you couldnt have jwt tune your ecu. im using a auto ecu tuned by jwt in my manual, the only thing it does is through a code for the tranny.

#14 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
uh oh yellow, RB25DET for the S13 eh?

when's that thing going together?

I am not balling that hard lol. it's the RB20 couldn't find a RB25 for a good price at the time. If I waited I could off. It's going in I hope next week, won't run till maybe 2 more weeks. It's going to depend on if I can get my hands on a Microtech standalone or a stock ecu.

#16 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
well, you can upgrade in internals later right? or is the bore different on them?

the RB20 is way cheaper than a RWD SR20 right?
Yeah you can stuff the RB26 Crank n Rods in there with 4AGZE pistons to make it a 2.4 thats very rev friendly. Yeah it's was cheaper than the SR20 stuff not sure if it still is. at the time I ordered it was 1500 for the motorset (Still waiting on a few stuff) It's like the SR20 swap in that you don't need a custom drive shatf like the 25. I already have a FMIC for it and a 300zx LSD waiting to go in. Just need the ECU lol thats why I'm tryin to get my hands on a Microtech. I don't know how long it's goin to take him to find the ECU and I kinda want to get something that I can configure so when I upgrade the turbo I can lay the Smack Down on MR PssshhhgoesmySR20. He looks down on my little RB20 :) it's goin to be even better when I take him apart lol. That Reminds me I need to get a sticker made "It's just a RB20 :rolleyes:" lol Some guy on another forum turned out a 13.4@106 with the stock turbo and ecu. Yeah Mike better watch out because he didn't have a 3" downpipe :tongue:

My other friend got a Rb25 Lucky SOB!!! got it for 2200!!!!!!!!!!! I would have jumped on that thing if I knew it was there but ohh well. It's going into his S13 about the same time mine is too. Some kool vids will be made.

#18 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
does the RB20 have the T3 flanged manifold? or you gonna get one for it?

cant wait to see this thing up and running, you going to the convention this year?
Yeah it's the same exhaust manifold as the RB25. I'm talkin to a guy right now about a SC61 turbo, I don't think it will be too bad on a 2.0 str8 6 I hope. If I'm not working on that weekend I'll prob drive out there or if I don't have work anymore I'll prob be out there.

#20 ·
RBNMYZ said:
if you need any thing for your RB I can get about any thing you could ever want from japan for it .I import parts as a lil side buisness
Looking for a ECU right now so I can enjoy the motor. If u have one let me know and I'll look into my empty wallet and make some change.

#22 · (Edited)
EDIT: Please be sure to use a tranny cooler if you decide to turbo your automatic.

I ought to have the manfiold finished today and the 61 bolted up. I'm curious to see how it compares to yours, Steve.
It'll probably be another week or two as I have to finish my piping for my new IC, 24x12x3 core :D

John

#25 ·
NismoDriver said:
EDIT: Please be sure to use a tranny cooler if you decide to turbo your automatic.

I ought to have the manfiold finished today and the 61 bolted up. I'm curious to see how it compares to yours, Steve.
It'll probably be another week or two as I have to finish my piping for my new IC, 24x12x3 core :D

John

I want to see how your goin to make it fit in that bumper lol this should be good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.