SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

I am getting ready to drop a BB det into a 92 sentra E.
The sentra currently has a manual rack and I want it to stay that way.
I am aware of the parts needed for conversion between 1.6 and 2.0, but I cannot recall anyone dealing with the PS pump.
I can't imagine letting it run dry and just act as a belt tensioner, or just letting it pump fluid to a tank and then back to its self.

I want to remove the PS pump assembly but the only problem I can forsee is the lacking of a way to put tension on the belt that runs to the water pump..

I have considered making a custom WP pulley and just running the alternator and waterpump on the same belt, but I am not sure if it would clear the frame?

thanks for all your help

david lau

·
Registered
51 Posts
Find out if anyone makes a electric water pump for the SR20DET I read an issue in import tuner about electric water pumps and it also helped to gain a little bit of power good luck

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I want to remove the PS pump assembly but the only problem I can forsee is the lacking of a way to put tension on the belt that runs to the water pump..</font>
Main list member Tom Paule told me about an idea that he want's to try on his track SE-R. Mounting a alternator from a JDM Sylvia where the p/s pump is now. Then you can remove the OE alternator.
That way you'll have no p/s pump, one less belt, and a lot more room in the front part of the engine compartment.

I may try that some day when I get some extra money.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000
SUBCULTURE'S 93 NX2000!

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Now THAT sounds pretty damned cool, if you were willing to part with power steering. Dunno if I'd want that or not. Maybe I'll just remove the PS belt sometime and see how it is. (assuming that belt isn't used for other important things like the water pump)

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts