SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
First you should do your research.... from the questions you are asking it looks like you are not ready for the swap... in my opinion...

·
P10 and NX love
508 Posts
^^^^+1
But also...swaps take time you dont want to rush into it and not have what you need. Then your car will be out of commission for quite some time. Research some more and save up more money because even if you have enough to buy the engine you still need all sorts of other miscellaneous parts. And replace certain gaskets and everything else that might be worn or in less than perfect condition.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
well, what /\ they said .... you can't rush an engine swap , and you def can't rush a DET swap. you have things to consider ( i.e clutch type, boost controller, what type of ECU , MAF, wiring harness, etc. ) all these things take time and in some cases lots and lots of moolah.

BTW a GTi-R is a vehicle type , and SR20DET is an engine type.

apples and oranges.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Why are you selling your set up^^^^^???? And why are you going back stock???

If you have $1500 why don't you just turn your 1.6 into a 2.0 ser it will be cheaper if you look around.. It cost a friend of mine $700 for the whole swap.. Sr20de Engine, g20 tranny, ecu, and wiring harness... then you could just save up and bolt on a turbo??

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Why are you selling your set up^^^^^???? And why are you going back stock???

If you have $1500 why don't you just turn your 1.6 into a 2.0 ser it will be cheaper if you look around.. It cost a friend of mine $700 for the whole swap.. Sr20de Engine, g20 tranny, ecu, and wiring harness... then you could just save up and bolt on a turbo??

that would prolly be the better of the 2...going from 1.6 GA to SR20DET is a huge leap and one that takes time...

better to go from GA16DE to SR20DE instead. not as complicated to do as DET would be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts