SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what are the odds of me finding an Front wheel sr20det motor for under 1200 for the b14

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Pretty good, actually.

(What is the point of this thread?)

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(What is the point of this thread?)
im kinda new and i was wondering if i can find this kind of motor because i know most of them come back wheel drive

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
It is more cost effective and easier to just turbo the motor you got under the hood... unless it has some terminal illness.

There is plenty of good writeups in the turbo section on adding your own turbo and complete DET swaps... take the time to read through the section.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
im kinda new and i was wondering if i can find this kind of motor because i know most of them come back wheel drive
The term is rear wheel drive ;). And not all of them come RWD. There as many FWD turbo SR20DET's as there are RWD SR20DET's. As McCoy stated, it' likely better to just turbo the DE you have, unless it's terminally ill.

^^What if your motor has close to 160k :p
:rofl: That's just broken in man! You know these motors will last forever, if taken care of.

·
Deviled Egg!
6,321 Posts
It is more cost effective and easier to just turbo the motor you got under the hood... unless it has some terminal illness.

There is plenty of good writeups in the turbo section on adding your own turbo and complete DET swaps... take the time to read through the section.
I don't neccesarily agree w/ the first statment...

I've rationed out both options.

You can pick up a det motor from Canada for under 1000 dollars shipped depending on location, and to get it running w/ a obd1 harness adaptor, a turbo maf, and ecu no problems. It can be done for under 1500 out the door turn key vroom pish.

I've also put together a turbo kit over a year, and even taking my time it ended up costing around 1500 dollars, and I wasn't even done yet. Didn't take into account for my fuel control yet and a few other things. That's taking my time and being a cheap ass. I gave up on that and chose the first option.

Not trying to argue McCoy, just speaking from my first hand is all. :)

I got a message from a worthy member here about a place in Canada. I took a chance and at the time they were selling bluebird motors for very good prices. Just have to wait it out and be patient as their prices vary. PM me if you would like to know where I'm talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts