SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, ive had these hangin around for a while and havent gotten them put in, but its getting god awful, my engine literally moves a foot. Now i have a few questions about putting them in. Do they have to be pressed? What kinda shops do this? (just your average shop or do i need to take them to a performance shop) Whats the shop time for the whole job? I dont have time to put them in myself.

I think thats all for now, but im sure im missing something.

Matt

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
You can do them yourself if you want to save a buck.

For removal of the factory mounts:

For the left (dogbone) mount just use a utility knife and cut the factory rubber out.

For the front, rear, and right mounts just use a hacksaw to make 2 cuts on opposite sides of the stock mounts and they will pop out. Be carefull not to cut too deep as you don't want to cut into the actual housing.

And now to install the new ones:

For the right and rear mounts which are steel: heat the mount up with a torch and then use a vice, a couple pieces of wood, and some lube and squeeze them in. Don't burn yourself.

For the front and left mounts just use a vice, a couple pieces of wood, and some lube and squeeze them in.

Viola! Now install onto you ride and grab a victory beer.

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
side note, prothane mounts from lightning motorsports are the exact same as the sr20development mounts and cost 110 less, for future referece if anyone needs some, and just press em in yourself, jack up a wheel and lower the car on top of the mount, it will press in

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Did they change the SR20DEV ones recently? I was pretty sure they were actually rubber like the JWT and Nismo mounts.

Witt19 said:
side note, prothane mounts from lightning motorsports are the exact same as the sr20development mounts and cost 110 less, for future referece if anyone needs some, and just press em in yourself, jack up a wheel and lower the car on top of the mount, it will press in

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Well they def look to be made of polyurethane now. Either they changed them or I was mistaken. I'll do a little searching and see what I can come up with.

EDIT:

I searched from early 2000 up to the present and I cannot find any reference to SR20Dev rubber mounts so it looks like I had a senior moment :tongue:

chriscar said:

·
master of nothing
2,231 Posts
there the same i bought a set for 150 shipped when they first came out. I sold them in the mounts and bought a set of pr mounts. I am very happey with the PR mounts.ps you will see why lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i bought these for like 80, they look exactly like the prothanes,

i really dont have time to do it myself, so do you think a regular shop will do this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts