SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Challenge

There is a gauge, by Omori, that is nearly impossible to find. Phone calls have been made, emails have been written, and messages have been posted on forums across the land.

I need someone to find a 45mm, black face, any color needle (white is preferred), green backlit, imperial unit (not metric), electric water temperature gauge. It can be new or used, must be fully functional and complete, and can't be beat to hell.

The Prize

The first person to find this item will win their choice of either a 12-month contributor account or a brand new, in-the-box GTech Pro unit.

The Terms

The first person who finds it needs to notify me via email or PM. Once the gauge is received from the seller, your account will be upgraded or shipping arrangements will be made.

This is meant to be a fun little distraction. I'll save you some time by saying don't bother calling J-Spec Tuning as they will not have one or be able to get one. They do exist. The deadline to find one is going to be March 15th. Go forth and find! :)

·
Rattle Box
360 Posts
and why do you need this exact gauge?

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Ill see what I can come up with, im sure most of us wouldnt expect anything in return, just helping another member out, but I guess its hard to come by. Heres a pic to help you and everyone out(assuming this is it):

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
I know someone who has connections with retailers in Japan. I will contact him and see if he can help you out.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Obes SR20de said:
and why do you need this exact gauge?
Because I have the boost gauge and oil pressure already. I had bought them years ago and now my project is coming closer to completiton and I would like to get the last gauge I needed, the water temp. I've spent a few months trying to track one down with no luck.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Harris said:
I know someone who has connections with retailers in Japan. I will contact him and see if he can help you out.
If you are talking about Ryan I have already spoken to him. He can only get the metric ones.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
So there is a difference between metric, american and imperial?

The link I sent to SR20DEBOSTON in a PM had both the American and the Metric versions with white and black faces with the green backlit face and white needles.

brent

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
David, that's not whom I'm talking about. The guy I'm talking about is not in Japan and is not a member here. He has some really awesome connections. Everything he has in his car came straight from Japan (eg: he's been ordering nismo parts for his S13 since '00). Now that I think about it though, he also might have difficulty finding a non-metric gauge.

Matt, is it ok if you get a metric gauge?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
coach said:

Yea, the ones I will be able to get may just have the temp readings in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
coach said:
American = Imperial

Metric and Imperial are the two systems of measurement. In the U.S. we use Imperial units, also known as the English system (as in U.K.). The gauge must be in imperial units, in degress Fahrenheit and not in Celsius.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
The site i found has the American and Metric. Not sure what Imperial is man.

brent

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Oh, then I found it. Cool! Hope that link helps.

For those of you that want the link and can't read SR20DEBOSTON's PM messages:

http://www.omorimeter.com/images/45_Water Temp.htm

AMH-023-BZ
45mm Mech. Water Temp. Gauge AMH-023-BZ
*AMH-023-BZ2.5 Length = 2.5 meters ( 8.2 ft )
*AMH-023-BZ4.0 Length = 4.5 meters (14.7 ft )
Version : American Version
Measure Range : 100 - 230 Degree F
Gauge Back Light : Green Color
Needle Color : White Needle
Gauge Face : Black

They have a sales division email and contact phone number at the bottom of the page to order.

Brent

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
coach said:

Over the last 6 months Matt and I have emailed them 2 or 3 times and never gotten a response. They are in Malaysia so I doubt calling them will do much good as they probalby don't speak English.

You guys so far have found everything I found months ago. The trick is to find someone who has it in stock and is ready to sell it.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Interesting, cause a couple months ago I emailed them for pricing on a din gauge mount and a few gauges and they replied back in a couple days. Good luck to ya man. I am emailing a person I know and may have another source.

Brent

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
coach said:

AMH-023-BZ
45mm Mech. Water Temp. Gauge AMH-023-BZ
*AMH-023-BZ2.5 Length = 2.5 meters ( 8.2 ft )
*AMH-023-BZ4.0 Length = 4.5 meters (14.7 ft )
Version : American Version
Measure Range : 100 - 230 Degree F
Gauge Back Light : Green Color
Needle Color : White Needle
Gauge Face : Black

They have a sales division email and contact phone number at the bottom of the page to order.

Brent
Thats where I got the picture above.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I happen to be friendly with both the President of Omori NA and the Director of sales and marketing of Omori NA. Unfortunately Omori decided that their NA division was not working out like they had hoped and stopped supplying Omori NA completely. I'll send an email tonight and see what I can come up with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts