SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly you may read the tittle of the post and say it is not possible well it is as we may know the sr20 roller rocker and sr20ve has the same install height 36.5 the cams won't be a direct bolt in because a part of the sr20ve cam has to be machined off for it to fit what will happen is that the high lift lobe is the only lobe that will be able to be used. Their are cars running with this mod to date with no issues. My question is ik this cam was not designed for the roller rocker but with that being said would it have less lift than a ve or less duration
Screenshot_20210217-004820.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-004911.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
i dont know exactly what rocker ratio is for a roller rocker, but i'd expect it would be around the 1.6 to 1 ratio, same as de/det. the hi lobe of a vvl intake cam is 1.65 rocker ratio, whilst the exhaust hi cam ratio is 1.595. shim clearance you have to account for in a vvl though, although nissan dont in many of their cam lift figures

i'm guessing you do know that tomei,jwt and cat cams do make roller rocker grinds still? i have a question mark over long term wear using vvl cams in a roller. than said, there is a shop in the usa who have just made a roller rocker for a vvl head.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I haven't done this mod my self however I have seen it in action this would be cheaper than after market cam it it could work correctly. vvl cams is cheaper than any aftermarket cams not to say if you have some laying around. I currently have a high port and I'm thinking of using a roller rocker head with either the roller rocker setup or I will swap out the valve train for the non roller valve train. I'm just wasn't info on this to see the negatives and positives of this mod. Ik persons will say it will damage the valve train or it will not work correctly but I need details

1 - 4 of 4 Posts