SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright there has to be VE expert somewhere cause I have some ideas, but I don't wanna say what I have planned b/c I need more info on the SR20VE. I really need to talk to someone that really knows the VE motor. Inside and out. IM me on AIM. SERracer01. Thanx

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERracer01:
Alright there has to be VE expert somewhere cause I have some ideas, but I don't wanna say what I have planned b/c I need more info on the SR20VE. I really need to talk to someone that really knows the VE motor. Inside and out. IM me on AIM. SERracer01. Thanx</font>
Go here:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/9379/

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am using a SR16VE blue cam cover version in a B13, said to have 175ps, But I am not that technical, maybe you can ask the Q, and i'll try to answer.

·
8,148 Posts
Alright there has to be VE expert somewhere cause I have some ideas, but I don't wanna say what I have planned b/c I need more info on the SR20VE. I really need to talk to someone that really knows the VE motor. Inside and out. IM me on AIM. SERracer01. Thanx</font>
Good luck. Thats 5G's I don't ever want to spend for a SR20.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Before i put the SR16 into my B13, I did look for GTiR and U12/U13 SR20DET, but the main problem is the clutch, and is not easy to get the performance clutch here in Malaysia, and after a long search I found a quite good condition SR16VE from a N15 VZR and putting in is not that much of problem cause no mouting mod "my original was B13 GA16DE" and even the ABS mounting is in the same position, my next gola is to put a ABS sensor into my rear disc brake, Any idea where and how to put the sensor in?

BTW, I got a frined using the SR20VE and another two is using a SR16 "one of them is using the N1 200ps"

For the cost, is not that much difference compare to a GTiR

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright good you have experience with both...good. Heres my question. will a sr16ve cam shaft from a N1 fit into a SR20VE head? Also, where can i get a hold of a sr16ve n1 cams?

·
Registered
72 Posts
ive seen complete motor swaps, sr20ve for 2300.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think SeattleSE R is finding it hard to believe that someone would swap an SR20VE for 2300. So is that price for just the motor and parts, or is that the price for driving away with a newly installed perfectly running SR20VE? Cause if that's the price installed, then hook us up. You will be bringing in tons of business to whoever that guy is. I will be the first cutomer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yup thats karim from cali and he has all that ****, 2300 for the motor and parts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
what i would like to know is would a sr16ve head fit onto a sr20de block?
kinda like the ls/vtec thing, dont know it it'd work but....just wondering

·
Registered
72 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:
bullshit</font>
alright cuz this guy is a dick, everyone that wants to know about this deal email me. i know a guy who always has a few of them for 23-2500 complete. email me at: [email protected] except for SeattleSE R.

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what I'm trying to figure out here. LS/vtec...look at all the guys that are grabbing GS-R motors and puting a b16a head on b/c it has better airflow. Why wouldnt a SR16VE head fit onto a SR20DE block. This is what i want to know. If it cant be done with a 16 head then why not a sr20ve head? Also what about the sr16ve N1 cams. This 1.6L makes about 200hps. Imagine it in a 2.0L Its a nissan and the same SR block. If honda people can swith out and replace stuff from other motors. Why can't nissan? I think It can be done. I'm goin to do...only thing that could cause me the problem is the external oit line to the "nissan Vtec" switch over

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Just like honda. B series motors are interchangable. Why wouldn't the SR series be the same? If you look at the bore at all the SR motors, they are the same 86. It should be able to line up no prob. The SR16 head on a SR20 would be equivalent with CRVtec. B/c CRVtech has 2.0L dispacement with a VTEC head. And CRVtec is known to push 180hps and 150lbs. of tq at the wheels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
thats what I'm trying to figure out here. LS/vtec...look at all the guys that are grabbing GS-R motors and puting a b16a head on b/c it has better airflow.</font>

just to clarify, that is not what an LS/VTEC swap is

an LS/VTEC hybrid is putting a VTEC head on a non-VTEC block (i.e., B16A head on a B18B block)
the non-VTEC integra engines have a longer stroke, and hence a slightly bigger displacement and a bigger compression ratio than the VTEC engines.. this is why they yield so much power

a well tuned LS/VTEC engine can produce 145ft-lbs of torque at the wheel normally aspirated and still be drivable

------------------
Shawn
-----
current car(s):
1989 Acura Integra LS
1997 200SX SE-R
1973 Super Beetle

Next car:
AE86 Corolla GT-S or
S13 Nissan 240SX (16V DOHC, not 12V SOHC)

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was using that as an example besides LS Vtec. I should know I have a friend that has a LS Vtec that was milled and done perfect so there is no oil leakage. Anyways does anybody think this can be done. I dont really care cause i'll be doin it soon. I guess I'll figure it out then.

·
Registered
117 Posts
everyone know the SR16 and SR20 share the same bore, but the stroke is different that make the SR16 a 1.6 liters, I have not try to put it in, but it should be no problem.

What I also want to find out is Y the VZR version SR16VE with 175ps no mounting mod require when put into the B13-GA16DE, but the SR10VE and SR16VE N1 require mounting mod "the right side mount".

I am waiting fo my friend to overhaul his SR20VE + pot & polish maybe this year end and see the difference.

I am quite sure that the SR20 block can fit into the SR16 block, but make sure you need the injector from the sr20.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Not to sound like an ass, but....
We have been down this road before. JWT tried to fit the head to the block and for some reason it didn't work, i forgot why but it's either in these archives or in the
se-r.net archives. I really really want this to work but until i see a website or a magazine article on how it works i will remain skeptical.

But i am crossing my fingers and praying this isn't b.s.

O

------------------
4 door SE-R
Ultimate Sleeper
I love the CAI
I Got Money for a little more, suggestions needed
"heavy weight and still undisputed!"

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
If I had the money I would probably try this too. I would get a whole N1 VZR SR16VE, the 200ps one...

wait a second... the head will probably cost as much as the whole motor. If you want a higher displacement VE and not have to worry about the unknown, swap in a 2.0 bottom end to that motor and raise the compression to 11:1 or something. Unless I am missing something about engine design I think you can do this without having to bore out the cylinders or anything, right? 2.0 internal parts are PLENTIFUL, 9.5:1 anyways. Grab some cheap TTZ pistons or something and you have a badass NA SR

1 - 20 of 20 Posts