SR20 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys so im buildimg a b13 with a primera p12 engine and trans. ive had to cuatomize nearly evwrything to gwt here and loved every minute of it. but im building it now as a vet setup upon finding a factory jdm turbo and intercooler setup for $200 all in. seeing as how this is being built to scca race potentially down the road id like to do it how id wqnt it the first time. but i know the neovvl in the primera is 11:1 compression and im pretty sure thats to high to run the 20lbs im reading that this turbo can make. i never had a turbo car or built one but thing i know enough to be deadly. so im pretty sure i can run corn, retard timing and bring down compression and allow more boost. but is that going to be enough to allow the bottom end/ pistons to handle that kind of boost? id prefer doing this without opening up the engine yet. wanted to get it on the road n later look into det internals a hone and re ring. so basically my question is has anyone made 20lbs of boost on a stock ve block before? is it possible to do reliably? or should i just buy a t2 that gets me 7lbs peak and bolt it to this manifold, downpipe etc. i get the feeling these questions have been asked so please lead me to a link or if not let's make the link right here. ive gotten pretty far so far without needing help but now im needing to pick some brains to finish it off so help me out ppl. i attached some pics of the build thus far. i drove this car home witb its stock automatic and ga16de in it two months ago. this has been my first build ive done for myself and let me tell you its truly been a labor of love.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts