SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I *think* the SR20VET comes only in RWD form from the Nissan X-Trail correct? If you have a 240SX, then I'd say yes.

If you somehow found a source for these motors, please, let the world know!

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Hmm, in the latest SCC there is an NX2000 with an SR20VE in it. Not sure if the VET would fit though. It took a lot of money and tuning etc for the guy to get that motor in. He's still making less power than the Fmax stage 2 kit would make on an SR20DE.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I want one.....

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU,91 CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
194 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
I *think* the SR20VET comes only in RWD form from the Nissan X-Trail correct? If you have a 240SX, then I'd say yes.

If you somehow found a source for these motors, please, let the world know!

</font>
Actually it will drop in cuz its transversely mounted in the Xtrail. But I think its wire driven. I remember reading that somewhere I think. And yeah... if you've found a source for them by all means share share share share share share... you get the picture.

Mel

G

·
wouldnt it be just about the same size as the sr20det? i thought it was basically the same but with vvl. and the sr20vet is a designed for front wheel drive, but has 4wd.

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Hmm, in the latest SCC there is an NX2000 with an SR20VE in it. Not sure if the VET would fit though. It took a lot of money and tuning etc for the guy to get that motor in. He's still making less power than the Fmax stage 2 kit would make on an SR20DE.

</font>
Remember to account for the losses from an auto tranny .....with full exhaust etc, I'd say he's making plenty of power and doing it very safely.

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r (fmax stg2 @ 1.1 bar)
00 s2000

·
Boost Junkie...
1,089 Posts
I almost threw up when i read he went out of his way to make that car an automatic. i would have left it a 5 speed. Still a very very respectable car though. Wish i had money to blow like that.

------------------
Honduhs what?!?!? I thought i heard a wet fart...

·
Registered
194 Posts
IIRC he left it auto because of exploding 3rd gear syndrome in the 5speeds. But now we have the Quaife gear set coming up so you never know. Wonder if Carl has anymore money to blow.

Mel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts