SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Dave Glidwell's a dirt bag. That's not even his SRT4. It belongs to another guy, A friend of Matt's ( Matt's a real cool guy, great to shoot the **** with ) who used to work or still works at dynoworks I believe. Dave fronts the car around like it's his, just like he fronts Abels drag car around on his web site like his shop built the thing. He's a shitty shady mech with a big mouth I've got my money on Steve any day of the week and twice of Sunday. If you need me Steve for anything just give me a ring 619 279 7996.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Dave Glidwell is claiming 419hp and 427tq, but his SRT is heavy!

I think it will come down to whoever can get the holeshot.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
its tough to beat the crazy strong block, extra .4L, and extra low compression of the srt-4 motor though. One of the guys here in town with one, dyno'd at just over 400whp with NO fan blowing across the motor, A/F in the 9-10 range, and the coolant temps hit 230F. So untuned and effectively no intercooler at 23psi on race gas; it hung with another friends Supra which traps over 120. Should be good for 500whp once tuned up... not shabby! It'll be tough to beat them unless you have a fully built sr. Instead of challenging to just the dyno, make it willow springs too :)

Khiem

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Tell them to wait until I have my 240sx up there for the SE-R Convention next month!! :) I'll spank both of them.. ;)

Kick his a*s Rockwood! I HATE SRT-4's... mainly the owners. 99% of them are arrogant pricks who are out for revenge for thier car bieng called "just a Neon". They're not that strong... I watched a 500whp Neon blow up last weekend at the track. The guy had just put a big turbo on it.. and tried to make a pass... broke a rod clean in half. Those engines have cast rods!

Travis

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
I like Steve, first met him at last years convention... he's crazy-smart. I don't think that there or on this forum, that I've ever heard him talk crap that he won't back up.

Dissin the SRT, I'm not into... putting out over 400whp, and some over 500whp... impressive. My only "concern" about the SRT is the longevity and reliability of the car... and for that, we'll just have to wait. Right now, out of the box, it is the top dog is FWD.

Win or lose, Steve will gain a lot of respect for all of us.

Peace,
Mark

·
8,886 Posts
^^^^^^Agreed,
Good luck Steve. Hope you have some drag radials of some sort. I would not sweat a small HP disadvantage with the huge weight difference in the cars. Plus, Steve is a thin guy and I bet he would not eat for a week to loose as much as possible before the race ;)

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
WHy, there are people with close to 100K miles on them with near nill in problems. If I was buying a new car for around 20K. It would be an SRT-4. Have you guys sat in or even drove it? Its nice, like really nice. Better build quality than my 200SX. Sorry nissan, The real SE-R is dead.

EDIT: This race is all about who hooks up the best.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Wow, 100k on a turbo 4 banger that's, what, maybe a little over 2 years old? My Classic is 13 years old and has 74K on it... how's that for reliability? I'm not saying to wait over 10 years to see how it holds up, but 2 years doesn't cut it for me... remember, this is a Dodge.

IMO, 100k on a 2 year old car... that's just silly stupid.

Peace,
Mark

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
But its been through more abuse than your classic. SRT-4's are not driven lightly, this particular guy I talked to does a lot of highway driving, but the car has seen 200 plus pass at the drag strip and 8 road course Sessions. Thats impressive to me. I personally think its a great car. Especially for the money. Nissan has had more build recalls with the SpecV in the first year of production than the SRT has had ever since released.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
I beleive Steve told me he is putting somewhere areound 440whp. I'll let him answer for sure though, Wait until the convention, I wanna video this race and Travis and the guys race!

1 - 20 of 375 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.