SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am planning to install Stage I turbo for my 96 SER, i saw there are 2 exhausts for my car, one is from Geddy "sp", the other one is from HKS sport exhaust, i am planning to get HKS, but i do not know after if i have stage I turbo install will i need to get new exhaust or will these exhaust work just fine??
if geddy sp nor hks sport exhaust work with the Stage I turbo, what other exhaust can i get?? and where to get them??
one last question, what other turbo can i choose beside Stage I or II
thx guys

·
Registered
744 Posts
Both those exhaust systems use 2 3/8" piping I believe. This is quite small piping for turbocharged cars in my opinion. I would recommend a less restrictive 2.5" exhaust system with straight through muffler or a 3" exhaust system with straight through muffler. The 3" will be louder but you will get a bit more performance out of that setup.

Currently I use a full 3" system from the turbo to the muffler. I integrated a 20" long 3" I/D resonator under the car which exits through a 3" I/D ApexI N1 muffler. The setup it loud I admit but it doesnt take away from the power of the turbo system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts