SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 G20 w/109k. The problem is that whenever I use a/c the car has the tendency to stall when I approach to a complete stop w/clutch being all the way in. However, when the a/c is off when I approach to a complete stop the rpm will drop down to very low and the car is shacking like it is going to stall soon also but not as bad and the rpm picks up again after a few seconds of shacking. It is getting very annoying. The way how I see this are the followings: vaccume leak after the MAF, somewhat oxygen sensor related, and EGR valve problem. Anyone has a clue? And it seems to get worst after I installed the Stillen Pop Charger, Stillen 4-2-1 header. Please help.

------------------
Nelson
"What is a G20 stands for?" G-spot 20x.........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea. I haven't have time for it yet. But does the timing has anything to do with the unstable idle?

------------------
Nelson

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, timing does...I am gonna check mine soon too ecause I have the same problem(almost) and I have checked all the other alternatives.

·
Registered
723 Posts
weird.. my sisters 94 corolla auto does the same thing... the thing shakes like CRAZY with the AC on... it comes and go though... but it almost always happen on the street.

it doesnt stall though, it just shakes violently and doesnt seem to have an effect on acceleration.

i'd like to fnid the answer as well

·
Registered
513 Posts
My car does this occasionally. It has decreased since I cleaned the EGR. However, it has never fully gone away. It used to stall without the AC on when I came to a hard stop. It was really wierd. There are a few things listed on se-r.net that you can try out. I think it's a combo of the EGR and some type of vacuum line. It only makes sense due to the increased vacuum that is created during braking. The AC simply increases this effect.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in my car lately when i have the ac on it has no power when i pull away from stops, no power till i get past 2500 rpms.
i think its works since i modified my air intake(sawed the bottom of the box off).
normal (i guess) idle 800-750 rps
dont know about timing. 107k miles
it alos looses power at 5000 rpms sometimes
i may try the egr stuff, have no clue.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
in my car lately when i have the ac on it has no power when i pull away from stops, no power till i get past 2500 rpms.
i think its works since i modified my air intake(sawed the bottom of the box off).
</font>
My car has no power w/ac on below 2.500rpm too. So I only use AC when I am at a cruising speed - freeway. I have a Stillen Air Intake too but I am not sure a open up air intake will increase the effect that we are experiecing. Anyhow, keep my posted on the effect after you cleaned the EGR. Thanks

------------------
Nelson

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently got a 92 G20 and have been going through the same problem. I recently went to the Nissan Dealer (got ripped off), but they said my AAC valve wasn't adjusted right. So now I don't stall at turns with the clutch in, but it still shakes violently. I went back the same day and was like "hey what's up with that?!" I was told all nissan engines do the "shake", minus the maxima. I have a whole lot of go w/out the A/C on, so I do the same thing as nelam. Cut it off when the light turns green and turn it on at cruising speed.
So here's the big question, anyone have a setup where the A/C doesn't pull too much from the engine? I'm thinking pulleys or maybe an wiring another battery to the A/C. Any ideas?

------------------
u4ikstilz - stock 9deuce G-twen

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crappy dealer its soo sad.
well my car does not shake just looses power, if i rev it and dump it right i can leave the ac on, but yeha like you guys i turn it off at nost stops now.
i wormed my car up and disconnected the hose on top of the egr, think this buypasses it, drove around and saw no difference.
my gass milege sucks ,so i need to just go through and clean every thing out realy good from what i have read, hopefuly that will help some.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
My Auto G20 was doing the same thing as yours. All you need to do is adjust the IDLE speed. Your idle speed is too low. that is the problem. i adjusted mine and that took care of my car.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the tip. yeha think my idle is a little low, will try to adjust it, will read up on ser.net first, looks like a pain but doable.

i didnt clean my egr yet but disconnected it from the bpt and pluged the hose seems to rum better now, got weels and 2nd and 3rd w/o tryin to hard!

am gona try clean a bunch of stuff out cus my gass mileage is still low after tune up and 02 sensor replacement.

------------------
93 se-r, pace setter header, modified air box.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I raced a guy with my A/C on smashing down the freeway took him but when I exited there was smoke bailing out of my hood. pulled over and poped the hood cooked my new A/C pump. good thing it was only 8 months old the dealer replaced it free but had to pay for the labor again I thought that was fare because I cooked it this is on a 91 SE-R new A/C pump replace twice now..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you guys need to check out the following site pages, if you haven't already.

Take a look at this page first :http://www.se-r.net/engine/clean_throttle_body.html
- proper cleaning of the housing and throttle assembly can make all the difference

If this fails try the tips from this page: http://www.se-r.net/car_info/problems/index.html#Erratic Idle and jumping idle

------------------
You heard the man tubbs - get undressed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same post - just a bit more tidy.
---------------------------------

I think you guys need to check out the following site pages, if you haven't already.

Take a look at this page first: ( http://www.se-r.net/engine/clean_throttle_body.html )
- proper cleaning of the housing and throttle assembly can make all the difference

If this fails try the tips from this page: ( http://www.se-r.net/car_info/problems/index.html#Erratic Idle and jumping idle )

Any of you guys from the UK?

------------------
You heard the man tubbs - get undressed.

[This message has been edited by geoff20 (edited 06-21-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts