SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95' 200sx SE-R. The other day, I just moved it briefly, shut the car off, and it sounded like a fan was running. I opened the hood, and the front cooling fans were off. The sound came from the back of the motor where I think the starter is located. I went to re-start the car, and got nothing. This whole time, this "fan" running sound continued. I started to smell something burning, so I removed the positive terminal off of the battery. When I place the terminal back on the battery, I get quite an arc. But the fan sound is gone. Do you think my starter could have a dead short, and thus causing the arc of the battery? My starter has always squealed when I start it, so I'm wondering if it's finally shot. Can you remove the starter from underneath if I put it up on ramps? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well, as far as the noise and the electrical stuff, Im not sure. But for removing the starter out the bottom, yes it can be done. I did this with mine, it took 2 hours by myself from start to finish.

------------------
Kris94G20™

1 - 2 of 2 Posts