SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NX2000 has recently developed a starting problem. When I attempt to start the car it turns over for a few seconds, then it stops all of a sudden and sounds like it locks up. After that it just clicks and won't turn over at all. I took the starter out, thanks to directions I found here, and when I hook it up to a battery it appears to turn over just fine. I'm hoping not to have to buy an new starter. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'd check your charging system. Sounds like you might not have enough power.

·
Light weight thinker
345 Posts
You might be overheating a relay or a wire somewhere.

·
Im Not A Chick
3,304 Posts
did you put a load on the starter?? you have to put a piece a wood or somtehing hard to see if it can take a load because the test you did you didnt put load on it and its just free spinning so its not acurate... My stater was gone and i tested it and it turned over fine but when i put a load on it.. it didnt do squat didily **** !! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
did you put a load on the starter?? you have to put a piece a wood or somtehing hard to see if it can take a load because the test you did you didnt put load on it and its just free spinning so its not acurate... My stater was gone and i tested it and it turned over fine but when i put a load on it.. it didn.t do squat didily sh*t !! lol

No, but I'd like to know howI can load test it. Can you explain how to put a load on the starter with a piece of wood? Thanks!

·
Im Not A Chick
3,304 Posts
just stick the peice of wood on the blades .. trust me a piece of wood is nuthing to a flywheel or whatever so its not going to hurt it.. just jump it and stick the wood on the blade and see if it eats it up.. if it does then the starter is good if not then your starter is bad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just stick the peice of wood on the blades .. trust me a piece of wood is nuthing to a flywheel or whatever so its not going to hurt it.. just jump it and stick the wood on the blade and see if it eats it up.. if it does then the starter is good if not then your starter is bad
Thanks, I appreciate all the responses and help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts