SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone wanna give me some tips on removing the starter from an NX2000? I removed all the intake stuff up to the throttle body and still can't seem to find the bolts where the starter is attached. It didn't appear that the bolts could be reached from underneath the car. Please help :)

~M

·
Registered
554 Posts
oooh man if i could i would but mx english is too bad to help you....

but i can tell you...you must try it from the bottom of your car (underside)

·
Banned
656 Posts
there are two 14mm bolts that go through to tranny to the starter. these will be the only 2 14mm bolts on the tranny. wouldnt hurt to have someone help ya as it can be a tough one-person job.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jack your car up and do it from the bottom. You don't need to take anything off up top, you can get to the bolts. I agree on two people for install, one to hold it in place and the other to start the bolts from the top.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
What are you guys talking about? You can't get to those bolts from the bottom. I certainly can't do it, you must have an extra elbow and really skinny arms with tiny hands to do it.

Crawl underneath, unclip the wire going to the starter, on top, look for the two 14mm bolts going through the tranny towards the block. they will be the last two on top towards the firewall. Take those two out, the starter will pull out easily. Then you just need to remove the one nut off the starter (under the rubber cap) and you will have it out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, see this was my problem. Everyone said something different and I definitely saw absolutely no way this was working from the bottom. Thanks for the help, I found the bolts with a friends and we got the old starter out. Turns out there was no nut holding the metal connector for the power wire on the starter. I have no idea how this happened to come off but it was an easy fix. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts