SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My starter is starting to squeal. Anyone have the part number or how much they are?

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, CN Exhaust, 91 I-cam, 138whp/128wtq, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I dont know the part number but mine has been squealing since I purchased the car about 2 months ago. I posted the problem here and they said the squeal isnt really a problem. You could try searching the old post to see exactly what people said. hhuummm.... I just saw you have a 200sx se-r, mine is a classic. I thought it only happened on classics. Anyone know?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Sometimes in life things are not perfect. As anal as i am i don't worry about it. I guess the noise itself is not the action of the motor itself but the recoil. No biggie.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea its now to the point i dont think i started the car unless it squeels. And then when it doesnt do it, its soooo amazing. not to mention the looks on people's faces when it squeels at them

·
Old
744 Posts
This is going to sound like an odd request. Can someone record this for me? I think I am having the same problem. I thought it was a belt but they are all tight. It usually happens when the car is cold. It is kinda embarrasing too, and feels weird when it doesn't do it...lol

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
94 Sentra XE-Sold :(
pix

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
Yea its now to the point i dont think i started the car unless it squeels. And then when it doesnt do it, its soooo amazing. not to mention the looks on people's faces when it squeels at them
</font>
The sqeel is almost like when your mom used to honk and say "I Love You" When she was dropping you off for school...haha...kinda embarrassing..so when your mom doesn't say she loves you...you get worried...

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had my starter removed and the part that engages the flywheel (I can't remember what that's called- it's 7:30 on Monday morning) cleaned/greased. That was 120,000 miles ago and it's still works great- no more squeal. Cost me about $40.

·
-
3,560 Posts
I seem to remember that the remedy is to get the Infiniti G20 spec'd starter. Dont have the brand or part Number, but try searching:
www.se-r-list.org

Someone on the list has even rebuilt theirs only to have the squeal return.

------------------
Louis
91 Sentra SE-R
10:1 Jspec w/JWT PP, ECU, POP, HS Hedr &
BAD PAINT

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok, get the MITSUBISHI starter NOT the HATACHI unit...the hatachi unit is the one that comes with most if not all classics which is prone to squealing, and the Mitsubishi comes in the NX2000s which is the better of the 2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts