SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I started to front mount my BB TMIC. I got as far as these pics now I just got to get some piping and connectors. Not sure which way I want to route my piping yet. What do yall think would be the best way?

So what would be the best way to route my piping and is this thing gonna get enough air flow? It is gonna be mostly behind the bumper support and what not but its better than being under the hood over the engine! I hope that none of the piping can be seen once its all done. I want it to be pretty stealth

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So others can can see my pics but I cant hehe. Imagestation is wanting to be a punk or something?

So should I run the piping behind both headlights? Or should I run it another way on the cold side piping going to the throttle body?

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Its gonna feel more laggy and not gonna make any noticable improvement. That little T25 doesn;t need to be rellocated just needs a scoop.

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
charlie2020 said:
Its gonna feel more laggy and not gonna make any noticable improvement. That little T25 doesn;t need to be rellocated just needs a scoop.
I disagree. I picked up .3 seconds at the track by front mounting my tmic. The lag is not that noticeable, since its a t25.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
TUNED200 said:
I disagree. I picked up .3 seconds at the track by front mounting my tmic. The lag is not that noticeable, since its a t25.

I agree with you Tuned. We have front mounted all our t-25 powered cars and it is noticable. I highly disagree that a scoop would work as well as a front mount. The lag if any is not noticable.

ringgold check out Greg Perry's web site he has a excellent write up on front mounting his BB IC. www.TurboChargedSE-R.com

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant wait to get this done with. Im gonna order my piping and stuff tonight probably or either tomorrow. And then my front mount should be done.

Oh by the way can yall see my pics cause I cant?

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
i would love to see the pics because i am going to front mount the issanni shortly... i dont have imagestation but i f****** hateee itt.. i dont think it everr works!

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
nice all three worked for me! looks nice, i would maybe mount it infornt of that support thing soo its not right on the raiator blocking flow and air can get behind it. and biggest thing later on when u decide to upgrade all you have to do is cut back the piping for a wider core... but if you dont weld the pips i dont see why that still couldnt be achieved.. looks like it will be nice though good luck!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think that it is gonna work fine right where it is? That little support is what Im gonna use to mount it in there. I dont think it will be that much of a problem if I ever do upgrade. I cant wait to get thid thing done now and I only started today. Oh for the flow I dont think it is gonna effect the radiator really any at all cause it is not that big and air is still gonna flow right through the intercooler and make it to the radiator.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Oh how I hate red X's. If anyone needs pics to be hosted, email them to me and I will host them on SR20.us.

I think it looks pretty cool, just a little puny, as long as it gets the job done.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Well...mounting it that close to your radiator will definitely cause a little cooling problem. Also, by mounting it behind the bar (going down the middle of the radiator support) it will not let your tmic be very efficient.

Manny

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Actually I think it will reduce the chances of cooling issues. Air flows through the core and given that it is directly in front of the radiator it does nto divert any air around/away from the IC. Also if you want to be anal you can pull off your suport and drill a bunch of nice size holes in it for flow and weight reduction. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts