SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, I'm about to switch & paint my NX fender & nose to put it on another NX in better shape, but thats not the point. The engine is a USDM swapped in, but using a jdm intake manifold. He told me of it's problem of not being able to idle in cold conditions without revving until the engines warm, then it's ok. Anyone have a similar problem that was easily fixed ? Also, afer the car has sat for 2 1/2 months, it won't start now. It started for a while, then just stopped one day. It turns over & sounds like it wants to....but doesn't. I ruled out starter/alternator already but...no clue why it would do this. Ran great consistently, then after sitting....nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I currently have the cold start problem. I havent done anything to fix it though. Ive checked for vacuum leaks, thats about it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm

Visually, vacum spots have been checked but, maybe I should bring it to a shop that has one of the machines that runs smoke through to find leaks. And as funny as it sounds, i didn't look to see if there was gas but i'm guessing(hoping) that 2 people aren't dumb enough for that to be the problem. It's getting spark, but fuel to the injectors..I'm not sure. whats the best way to check for those two thngs ? thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, how hard is to get the fuel rail off ? I just don't get it really. The car was running fine and being started a couple times a week....then it just wouldn't start. Seems odd. Especially with such a low mileage engine, 50k or less

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've found a se-r.net instruction on how to fix the cold start problem but...unfortunatley i'm not a full time mechanic so, it seems a bit out of reach for me....still stumped

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I went to check the car again today. This time I was just a little more patient & left the key in the on position a little longer...gave the pedal a few pumps and Bang, she was running. But of course, you know it has to have the cold idle problem....I stand corrected, it's a JDM engine & intake man. from Soko. When cold, the car has to be revved for at least 5 minutes before a acceptable idle is found. I've read most of the posts concerning this but still i'm not sure where to start. whats the general consencus here ? Plugs, Fuses, IAA, Temp Sensor, Injectors, MAF, connectors under battery tray ? thats a lot of **** & i need a car that runs in less than a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts