SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been havin little starting problems for a while now. it started back in august 99, i got a new starter, that worked..for about a year, then again, it wouldnt start. i got the starter changed at the same place, and again, held a little less than a year, so i took it back, they changed the solenoid in the starter, and just 3 weeks later (now) its giving me problems again. is this something other than the starter, or are they just giving me **** pieces? i havent paid for when i would go back and get a new one, but if they cant get me a decent starter, i would rather pay somewhere else, and get one that i wont have all these problems with.
anyone have any ideas if its the starter or could it be something else. basically, sometimes when i try to start the car, all i get is clicks, maybe after a few turns, it will start, sometimes it starts right up. give me some input if you have any.

thanks

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Seems like youve been playing the starter roulette as others have. Its just like the alternator. Its like the car doesnt like nothing but genuwine Nissan parts. Seriously, I know people to go though 4 or 5 starters(or alternators) buying the aftermarket remanufactured and even new parts. But as soon as they got fed up and bought a genuwine Nissan one all their problems went away. I would do all the regular checks like battery, solinoid, starter, and if its like the starter or soilnoid is dead...aka not the battery...I would recomend calling up Courtsey and getting a new one shipped to ya.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, if its clicking when you turn he key, it sounds to me like its the battery. I could be wrong tho.

-jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts