I went to start my car & it would not start. So I took a look under the hood & my negative battery cable was loose on the post. I went to tighten it up with plyers [with no rubber on the ends] & I touched the pos & neg battery posts connecting the current. There was a big spark. After it was tightend it did not start, My battery is new so is my alternater. I then checked all my fuses,none burned. So I jacked it up to chec all the connections on my starter [wich is a bitch to get to!!!] None of the connections were loose,But I did **** around with all of the connections,no corrosion on them. Then I went to start it and it started right up!!! Finally my question what the hell happend? Did I send a shock to the starter or something else? or was possibly one of the connections loose and just didn't catch it?