SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hay guys like the title says I'm having a problem with a start but dies if I don't feather the throttle. I got a sr20det in a b13. ECM is a stocky but jwtuned for a 300z maf 550cc inj. synapses bov, crazy FMIC. stock t25 new plugs. new cap. new distributor, new walborrow 255 fuel pump. new fuel pressor regulator (nismo adjustable at 3 and 4 bar). throttle sensor. coolant sensor. the injectors I just put in this morning. no faults by the consult. wiring by my meter says good. just need some other opinions before I set fire to this car.:confused: thanks

·
SR20DEbT
8,984 Posts
Is the IACV tube connected to the cold side piping before the throttle body? Also, are you recirculating that BOV? Make sure the fuel pressure is where the ecu is programmed for. Check your TPS voltage and make sure it reads arouind .44-.45 closed. All little things like this could be an issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all tubes are connected, open atmosphere dump on the bov but the ecm is good for that just like it is for the 300z maf and the 550 inj. checked the tps like you said and got the reading you said I should.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just put an air/fuel ratio gauge on it and if it's correct at idel (when I can get it to is about 18:1 and when full throttle it only gets down to 13.5:1 and if I cruise at like 1/4 throttle I get 15:1

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
i think it is ur BOV - it has to be a recirc.. or the engine will not idle
^^^^^^^^ not true^^^^^^^

Now, what is your vac/boost gauge pulling for vac if you hold the thottle @ around 900rpm? Please make sure that you do not have any vac leaks.

·
Banned
417 Posts
if your car is starting and running for a few second and then it dies its prolbably ur maf sensor, i had the same problem but i just 4 got top hook it bak up :rofl:
do work!

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
if your car is starting and running for a few second and then it dies its prolbably ur maf sensor, i had the same problem but i just 4 got top hook it bak up :rofl:
do work!

Umm, he said it will die if he doesn't feather the throttle. He also stated that there was no codes per the consult. I would say that he should try to reground the maf, that may help. Also does the car rev over 3000rpm?

·
Banned
417 Posts
my bad eric, i didnt get tht part of the post:squint:

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
my bad eric, i didnt get tht part of the post:squint:

Sorry, I was just re-reading my posts and I sound like a prick..... I am having a bad day.... dealing with idiots in meetings all day..... I don't mean to be an a-hole sorry.

Yes if the BOV is not sealing propery it can cause problems but, that should be found with a boost/vac check. That is why I told him to start there. Some of the cars I have built around here I have used the Tial BOV(it cannot be recurced) on a draw-thru setup and I only had a problem one( I forgot to put in the o-ring ). But yes it can happen if the Bov is not sealing properly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok sorry didn't know everyone at once for me, ummm were to start.
no big turbo yet... but the 550cc are new and just trying to get some fuel so we don't burn any valves up. the maf has been in there for about 4 mounths and has been working fine but we need to get the consult back to see what exactly we are reading now. I've tried regounding the maf on the body were we have it and no help... it does get about 3k. we are running the maf as a pull though that is after the bov... thats the way he (the owner) wanted it and says thats how he's always ran his mafs on the sr20det... we want to get it running better before we decide on a bigger turbo to run. the vac/boost gauge is running like my 240 sr20 does vac. at idel and hits 7 lbs like a champ. erick you don't sound like a dick or anything I wanted to get some new thoughts before I beet the living hell out of my head.

·
cant get low enough
126 Posts
this is the owner of the car, i have been running the stock setup with the jwt ecu, 550 injectors, and 300 maf cause i got one hell of a deal on them, and ive been running the setup for a while now. car drove fine to the shop, fixed a couple of oil leaks, nothing was removed, found bolts that had backed out, cleaned everything, and went to start and this is what happened. i have been running a blow through setup since i did the swap with no issue until now, im running the synapses bov and it is brand new, 2 months old. checked maf, this thing runs like a at out of hell at 3/4 to wide open throttle. ive checked every connection, line and hose that i can think of and cant find any leaks anywhere on this thing. the car no runs better at cruising speed than before, but i didnt change anything. sorry this i so long, and that i did post origanlly, but i couldnt get on here to do it.

·
cant get low enough
126 Posts
checked all vac lines again, still cant find a leak, gauge is reading 500 mm/hg, sorry for that figure but i dont have a lb gauge, holds almost steady when i can get it idle out, but still have the issue of dying if i dont feather it to idle itself. not sure if there is a way to check the iac valve without replacing it or chacking it with consult. also blocked off the opening at the bov and it didnt change anything. then i tried just getting to idle wth just an intake tube, and the maf hooked up, no bov installed, and basically just running like an n/a motor. still didnt change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts