SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got pulled over in the VE powered B14 inside Santa Fe Dam park in Irwindale yesterday. The cop pulled me over for modified exhaust then told me to pop the hood and saw the header and the intake. Hit me with 21750VC for the exhaust and 27156(b)VC for modified emissions system - state referee certificate required. Luckily he didn't get me for tinted rear turn signals, tinted front windows, and no front license plate (in front window). So what happens next? My car will pass out the tailpipe with no problems as it did this past September, but it definitely won't pass a state referee visual since it doesn't have EGR. Can I pay the fine and not fix it? Will it affect my driving record? Points? Affect my car registration?

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated!

·
You're Ugly!
2,405 Posts
that cop that gave you that ticket can suck donkey balls. this is exactly what keeps me from wanting to put my apexi ws2 exhaust on my car.

·
KASSANOVA!!!
2,047 Posts
i believe you can pay the fine and not fix it, but the price would be a lot more than if you were to fix it and pass. as for it affecting your record/registration, i'm not quite sure.

·
California LOVE!
524 Posts
Robert, why dont you get ahold of the DMV regarding that reg issue.

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may do that and also ask the courthouse. So what happened to you when you left yesterday? Didn't you get pulled over?

·
California LOVE!
524 Posts
I may do that and also ask the courthouse. So what happened to you when you left yesterday? Didn't you get pulled over?
yeah man, that douchebag pulled me over for modified exahust/speeding when i was doing 15mph. popped the hood but couldnt get anything on me.

ended up giving me a warning

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah man, that douchebag pulled me over for modified exahust/speeding when i was doing 15mph. popped the hood but couldnt get anything on me.

ended up giving me a warning
what a douche! it just proves that it's all about revenue since he was looking under the hood for the high dollar fines for emissions mods. :squint:

·
**GIZMO**
1,510 Posts
most likely your going to get a option to pay the ticket and avoid a trip to the ref. (as you already know its more than just a sniffer test) the going rate currently is around $500. sorry to hear about the mishap unfotunately it comes with the territory

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^that's what I figured. Hopefully it'll be under $750.

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so now I know that modified exhaust are popo magnet.
that's a given. something bling bling like mine will get there attention if they're behind me. it's not that loud and is really mellow, but the cop was a dick.:rolleyes:

·
What Car??
405 Posts
you can pay, they'll send you a ticket with a number for you to call and schedule a test at a ref location near you, and that same ticket will have the amount you will have to pay if you don't want to go through the ref. I've been down that road a couple times, it doent affect your driving record or gets you any points, and if you pay it off, ticket goes away like nothing ever happened. Sometimes it also depends where you take it as far as if it passes emissions and stock (oem) exhaust mani and stock intake tube they'll pass it

·
California LOVE!
524 Posts
that's a given. something bling bling like mine will get there attention if they're behind me. it's not that loud and is really mellow, but the cop was a dick.:rolleyes:
nuff said, that cop wasnt nissan friendly :(

·
waiting 4 Accordion Hero
1,194 Posts
nuff said, that cop wasnt nissan friendly :(
IDK about that, but one thing for sure is that they aint Import Car Frendly.

Last meet we had there in 08, mostly riced out hondas & mitsus with the ocasional neon were getting pulled over every 10-20 mins & from what I recall, no one from our camp got pulled over that time.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
you should pay the fine or else eventually it will suspend your license. its not a moving violation so it wont affect your drivers license or insurance in any way. Talking to the DMV isnt gonna do **** theyre just gonna tell you you need to have the discrepancy fixed via the court system. You can try talking to the court and seeing if they'll reduce it/knock it down by playying stupid....say you bought the car out of state and didnt know, etc etc..... but odds are they wont. The only way to get it handled is to either get a referee to hook you up or put a B14 motor back in there....or register it out of state....send me a text and I'll tell you someone you should talk to first...

·
oneslowsentra
332 Posts
yea dude i would just pay the fine once u get the options by mail ..*** damnnn i went to two different cities for state refs..*** one just made me go back like 3 times ..and its like 40 bucks for two tries to pass.. if u fail u pay another 40 bucks ..
they check your car to the extreme ..they were giving me c r a p about a hose that said heater hose .and i used it for the airbox to valve cover T ..yea bro just pay the fine instead of swaping out that vvl

·
Barney killa
114 Posts
man this scaresme , my car isnt even to level of you guys and im always getting pulled over just last night i got pulled over in rowland heights, damm pig pulled me over cause of exhaust which is quiet by the way and for my light ass tint that some oem cars have darker, i guess my t25 is just going to keep on collecting dust

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.