SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that the emission tubes on the throttle body of 98+ sr20's don't allow for strut tower bars to fit properly. I was wondering if these tubes can be removed and the metal pieces plugged off? If it didn't have any adverse effects then it would be a lot easier than modifying the STB.

------------------
--Saving money and dreaming--
--99 SE-L 'bout stock
--TVR 2500M (being restored)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
There is a easy solution to this. Get the Courtesy Nissan STB which will fit on the 98-99 cars. It is adjustable.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it? I read old posts but there was never any mention of it being adjustable or it even fitting? Is this new?

------------------
--Saving money and dreaming--
--99 SE-L 'bout stock
--TVR 2500M (being restored)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xosis:
Is it? I read old posts but there was never any mention of it being adjustable or it even fitting? Is this new?
</font>
Not really. Been around awhile. I've had mine since the fall of 2000. Call them up. They may be on backorder though as they were pretty popular.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xosis:
I have read that the emission tubes on the throttle body of 98+ sr20's don't allow for strut tower bars to fit properly. I was wondering if these tubes can be removed and the metal pieces plugged off? If it didn't have any adverse effects then it would be a lot easier than modifying the STB.

</font>
I just got a Courtesy bar last month. It won't fit unless you rock your engine back in the mounts and tilt the bar forward. There must be better fitting bars out there; I just don't know what they are. I'm some help. Aren't I? It's a great mod though.

Removing the tubes will cause a check engine light for sure. The gas tank vapors should be vented to the manifold. The prior years all vent the tank to the manifold, but without such a complicated arrangement. The system on the 98s is much larger. What you seen on the engine is just the half of it. There's a ton more under the trunk. You should clean it out every now and again with carb cleaner, because it clogs up the idle adjustment.
Cheers,

------------------
98 200SX Superblack, HSG2 CAI GC/KYB ACTSS UR

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CharlieH98:
I just got a Courtesy bar last month. It won't fit unless you rock your engine back in the mounts and tilt the bar forward. There must be better fitting bars out there
</font>
No no, thats the whole point of the Courtesy STB. It is adjustable to fit the 98-99 cars.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
well, when i got mine it fit, but even w/ the adjustments i could hear it hitting when i came to a stop. lucky for me, filing down the spot where it was touching worked like a charm!! no more noise and stiff as a....er...well use yer imagination!

------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

[This message has been edited by Stiletto (edited 09-27-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts