SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I hit a curb with my 97 se-r. Now when I turn the steering wheel when the car is running it makes a clunking noise. The noise only happens when I turn the steering wheel a good amount like more than a 90 degree turn. When I hear the noise I can move the steering wheel back a few inches in the other direction and then to the direction I was turning and it will make a clunking noise, like something is catching. I jacked up the 2 front wheels last night and when the wheels are off the ground and the car is running,
there is no clunking from the turning of the steering wheel. This happens both when the car is either parked (idling) and whe driving, but not when the wheels are off the ground. I have the stock suspension and bushings and 45K on the car. Any ideas to what this could be before I take it to the stealership ?

------------------
Teal SE-R,JWT S4's ECU, HS G3,SMC S/S, PR CAI, Custom 2.25 exhaust, girlfriend.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it was too bad, I hit the front right wheel, at about a 30 degree angle, but the sound seems like it's coming from the left front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had a problem like that only made nose on a low speed turn(less then 5 mph)when i replaced my struts like a month ago i came to find out it was a little plactic washer thing that went between the top of the stut and the inside of the fender(helps strut rotate) it was shattered to peices and the upper strut houseing was allscraped up from it rubbing this part from the dealership only cost 2 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts