SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
All you need is a special tamper proof torx bit - I think T-25? Don't have that info in front of me. Anyways you have to pull the plastic covers off the wheel, unplug the bag, and there is a bolt on each side if I recall and that removes the air bag.... BE CAREFUL lol.
Chris

G

·
0 Posts
just so you know if you get pulled over it is against the law to remove safety things on your car. just in case your not putting the airbag back.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Actually removing an air bag should be no problem - in fact some dealerships will give you the option to disable (read it on a site somewheres) - a lot of people have concerns that they do more harm than good......

Chris

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MauiBlueGride:
All you need is a special tamper proof torx bit - I think T-25? Don't have that info in front of me. Anyways you have to pull the plastic covers off the wheel, unplug the bag, and there is a bolt on each side if I recall and that removes the air bag.... BE CAREFUL lol.
Chris
</font>
T50H

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Se-Racer:
BTW. do i need a special key from nissan????
</font>
No. Just go to to a Local Autoparts place that sells Torx sockets. T50H. It has to be a "H". As in hole in the middle.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DayGoSe-R:
just so you know if you get pulled over it is against the law to remove safety things on your car. just in case your not putting the airbag back.</font>
BS. As long as you are the owner and you don't try to sell it back w/o knoweledge that it is removed. I will find the post somewhere. Hold on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts