SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best way to install a aftermarket steering wheel on a 200sx? I have all the parts, but i can't figure out how to get the airbag off. Can someone please help??? Any info would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks,
Wade Greene

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
All you need is a special tamper proof torx bit - I think T-25? Don't have that info in front of me. Anyways you have to pull the plastic covers off the wheel, unplug the bag, and there is a bolt on each side if I recall and that removes the air bag.... BE CAREFUL lol.
Chris

G

·
just so you know if you get pulled over it is against the law to remove safety things on your car. just in case your not putting the airbag back.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Actually removing an air bag should be no problem - in fact some dealerships will give you the option to disable (read it on a site somewheres) - a lot of people have concerns that they do more harm than good......

Chris

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MauiBlueGride:
All you need is a special tamper proof torx bit - I think T-25? Don't have that info in front of me. Anyways you have to pull the plastic covers off the wheel, unplug the bag, and there is a bolt on each side if I recall and that removes the air bag.... BE CAREFUL lol.
Chris
</font>
T50H

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Se-Racer:
BTW. do i need a special key from nissan????
</font>
No. Just go to to a Local Autoparts place that sells Torx sockets. T50H. It has to be a "H". As in hole in the middle.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DayGoSe-R:
just so you know if you get pulled over it is against the law to remove safety things on your car. just in case your not putting the airbag back.</font>
BS. As long as you are the owner and you don't try to sell it back w/o knoweledge that it is removed. I will find the post somewhere. Hold on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts