SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the heck do you get this thing off? The FSM states undo some claps, take off the nut and remove steering wheel with "tool." Well, I don't have this special "tool" and I don't plan on buying it just to remove this dumb steering wheel. Anyone have any tricks?

Thanks!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AntonioG:
How the heck do you get this thing off? The FSM states undo some claps, take off the nut and remove steering wheel with "tool." Well, I don't have this special "tool" and I don't plan on buying it just to remove this dumb steering wheel. Anyone have any tricks?

Thanks!
</font>
Just yank on it back and fourth like trying to yank off a seized brake rotor. However, there is a steering wheel removal tool of some sorts that you could buy or rent. Almost looks similar to one of them gear puller thingies used to get the crank pulley off the engine.

--Andrew Phan

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I wasn't pulling hard enough! Dammit! Oh well...

I found a tip from Ron Chong's page...keep that nut on while you pull your brains out or else you'll pulling the steering wheel out of your forehead. Ouch!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
[email protected] on JWT 50 shot NOS
Bay Area, CA

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got the wheel off, but it's an really old school SE-R wheel. It doesn't have the leather wrapping. My SE-R was manufactured in 9/90 and didn't come with the leather option for some reason. So, if you still want it, let me know.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
[email protected] on JWT 50 shot NOS
Bay Area, CA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts