SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I am trying to fix a problem with a friends b13. The wheel shakes back and forth, increasing with speed. At first, I thought it was the driver side axle (the passenger one was just rebuilt, and the problem was there before that was done)

I was going to pull the axle, but I took the car for a drive, it almost seems as if the driver side rim may be bent, but its very hard to tell. The shaking goes away if I turn the wheel. It just doesn sound like the axle to me, but im sure it probably is. Any input would be nice, thanks guys.

·
Very bling bling
1,905 Posts
might wanna check if the tires are balanced. i replaced my girls tire with a used one and asked the guy if he balanced them(he lied and said yes) well i noticed only that tire was making my steering wheel shake like crazy. took it back and made him balance it, now its all good. it was very annoying on the highway

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is wayyy more than a tire balance problem, at like 5mph the wheel goes back and forth A LOT. I think im going to throw another wheel on it tomorrow and see if it feels any better.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
i would check the bearings. this sounds more like bad wheel bearings.

jack the car up, grab the top and bottom of the tire and try to move it in out by alternately pushing and pulling on the top and bottom of the tire.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
eric96ser said:
It could also be warped rotors.

but would it still vibrate when not under braking?

another thing i thought of.. alignment. check that as well.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
BigB said:
but would it still vibrate when not under braking?

another thing i thought of.. alignment. check that as well.
It depends on how warped they are.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
eric96ser said:
It depends on how warped they are.
that's pretty messed up rotors then if they are vibrating that bad... i've never come across any that bad...

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Make sure theres the same amount of air in both tire, make sure they are balanced, make sure the Axles are still good, and Check the Motor mounts.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Make sure theres the same amount of air in both tire, make sure they are balanced, make sure the Axles are still good, and Check the Motor mounts.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
LOL that wont work! If the tire is out of balance or the tire if ****ed then you will still feel it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts