SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put a momo steering wheel in my 91 nx and i want to know if anyone have done this? is it realy hard to do? thanks for your help

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by madmoney:
i want to put a momo steering wheel in my 91 nx and i want to know if anyone have done this? is it realy hard to do? thanks for your help</font>
This is my choice of wheels (steering that is)
I have it narrowed to these three though:

-or-

-or-

From what I understand you need to use a B12 (yes B12 87-90) adapter to fit the Airbaged NX2000. It is not hard. All you need is a T50H torx bolt bit. The Antitheft kind with the hole in the middle. After seing all those airbagged cars with nice steering wheels at the convention I realize that i am wasting time. Besides my airbag popped and did nothing for me when I got into an accident so to hell with replacing it.

SR20B12 if you read this ask your father what hub he used on his NX.

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 05-27-2001).]

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wouldn't a hub from a classic fit for the NX? Doesn't seem that difficult, I have a couple friends with momo's in their NX. They never mentioned any problems.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
Wouldn't a hub from a classic fit for the NX? Doesn't seem that difficult, I have a couple friends with momo's in their NX. They never mentioned any problems. </font>
The hub from a B13 does work. That is what i ordered with my steering wheel so the B12 thing I assume is for MOMO only because MOMO doesn't sell a steering wheel adapter for B13's.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Lets see if I can revive this old thread. I have a Momo Thunder Wheel.

I want to get it in my 91 NX. I have the itch to work on her and in this cold this is one of the only projects I want to take on since I got no garage. What hub should I get? Where can I get the bit set I will need to work on it and remove the screws?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Bump... Also what about a horn. My wheel has been changed already and it does not work (they put a non-airbag wheel in from a Pulsar I think before I owned it).

What are some horn options. Maybe a push button on the dash with a middle finger icon on it?

·
All go, all show
504 Posts
I have a nice Tenzo R streeing wheel in my NX2K that works great, it is coupled with a momo streeing wheel hub adapter for the NX. Just go get one from Cardomain, not sure if its listed but give them a call and order one up! I think its like $12 or $20, all I know is momo has an adapter that works fine.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
There are directions for making your horn work in the archives. Basically what you do is slice the yellow airbad harness a little and find the horn wire. Put an extension on it and run it to the back of the circuit board on the stalk. Then use a rounded piece of metal like a tack with a ball point pen spring in the hole on the front of the stalk. That will make contact with the ring on the hub and your horn will work fine. If there is a junkyard near you grab the spring and contact part from a non airbag sentra.

·
Registered
493 Posts
What is 12 or 20 bucks? the hub? i have seen MOMO hub kits for like 60 bucks. Whats the difference?

·
All go, all show
504 Posts
My Mistake about the steering wheel hub, there not $20 bucks. I am pretty sure that I got mine from Cardomain though for around $50, because I still have my receipt. But I just checked today and the price is $63!!! That is ridiculous, the guy discounted it for me for some reason I think....Sorry about the misinform..but the hub works great!

·
1.6L So What?
279 Posts
um there is nissport I think has one and its very simple to use also from what I hear.google search them.

·
Only Car in Cali W/ Rust!
437 Posts
I dont think it's necessary to have an airbag before 1995. Most states will pass inspection. I know NY does, but im not sure about others. I'd pull the bulb though, just because i wouldnt want to see that light all the time.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
That doesn't work. You have to leave the bulb in and tape over the contact on the board. I tried pulling the bulb and it caused another problem that I can't remember right now.

The NX said:
I'd pull the bulb though, just because i wouldnt want to see that light all the time.

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
when i put the steering wheel on my celica, i HAD to rip out the connection where the airbag and horn go so i got the air bag light all the time, i just pulled it and that was the end of it..

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
Gibnutz_101 said:
I could'nt find a tamper proof torx bit so I used needle nose vise grips, save you a few bucks
How hard was it? I don't want to damage anything if I don't have to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts