SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Sony Xplodes in the front kick panels, stock back speakers, and an MTX Blue Thunder Sub powered by a 600W max. amplifier. The signal is fed by an AIWA 45X4 head unit. The box is about 1.75 cu. ft. and is sealed. I built it myself.
hope this helps.
Steve.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As the topic states... I've started on a journey thats going to end up pretty sweet!

I've got VIFA 6.5" midbass and tweeters for the front stage. To that MASS technologies http://www.mass.com.au/ have designed for me custom cross overs to match them. [good for 100rms a side] I'm also getting the midbass woofers placed in custom pods. These will be powered by a sony amp with about 50rms per channel.

In the boot I will running 4 12" subs in series powered by an AURA amp giving each sub 150rms to play with.

I'm mostly interested to know what box designs that you guys are using?
...So far the idea that I'm leaning towards will be to have a box that sits in tha boot like a false floor with the woofers facing upwards covered by mesh grilles, the reason for this design is so that I can still place the targa panels in the boot when I go cruising! the box will be designed to tilt up to gain access to the spare wheel.

Please help a fellow NX driver and let me know what you guys are up to
ta_

lance

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I have 2 12" subs in the trunk and my box has a slanted face to match the seat angle and sits about 3" back from the seat, that only leaves me with anuff room to squeeze a case of beer in there and that about it, but I was thinking about laying them down like you said but I'm just to lazy to make a new box, it would be a lot better than what I have done.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
in my pulsar I had 2 punch 10s that faced back towards the hatch and was plenty loud enough. I also built it so that the amp rack looked like the back seat. pretty cool setup until some m/f stole it

G

·
0 Posts
I had two 12" Pioneer subs in a banpass box in the back of my old pulsar. That was WAY MORE than enough! The box was so big that I could either have passangers in the back or tunes.

MarC

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm pleased with my 1 JL 12-w-3 in the back.
the box follows the angle of the seat and the t-tops fit back there fine
did it with enough room so i mounted the amp to the back seat right next to it.
your idea for the box sounds quite cool but i'm not sure about the t-tops going on top of it, it could be pulled of but wouldn't you loose a lot of sound?
L8er
Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
i don't think the targa panels will affect the response too much as lower frequencies are not really directional... good point tho!

I'm planning on having the ports for the box face into the back seat.

ta

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just a Sony XPlod 4000 deck for me... I gotta make enough $$$ for tuiton this fall
. If I do upgrade, I'll just throw some 4X6s in the front panel, probably pioneers, and replace the 6"s in the back with eclipses...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts