SR20 Forum banner

Still Turbo probs

628 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  brian 
#1 ·
Well I'm still trying to figure out my turbo problem. It still gets stuck at 7k sometimes and sometimes 6.5k its only after I let it set at idle and get on it...it gets stuck at 6.5k or 7k and will go from stock boost to -10 HG Vacuum.....this really sucks especially when I wait in the staging lanes at the track and it pulls this **** and the best I can pull is a 14.9....lol....but all week driving on the street racing people it never pulls this....could it be a intake pipe on my distribitor cap rubbing on wires...but then again it doesn't stutter or anything? I am currently running no 02 but have one coming soon I hope it fixes it. I also am going to try stock wires...I'm trying everything the mods I have are this...T25 with S4 cams and stock boost 255lph fuel pump...370cc injectors ..stock MAF....

Very Lost here any help would be appreciated....maybe it measures the fuel mixture at idle and uses it for down the track? but sense it doesn't have an 02 how does it do this? This sucks help out people please....

#3 ·
O2 Sensor

Jay Hass said:
I don't really understand your problem but I'm guess by what you wrote is the car stumbles at high rpm?

What's your plug gap and are you running an aftermarket ignition.
He has no O2 sensor. Put it in, then let us know what it is doing.

#4 ·
My problem is

It stumbles but it doesn't stutter or backfire nothing it just gets stuck like hitting a wall and I was told that no 02 wouldn't matter..being that the car stays in closed loop when WOT...I will have a 02 in soon its in the mail...we will see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.