SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up from Salah a few days ago and decided to throw it on yesterday. Install was a breeze, took about 20 minutes. Only thing that held me was finding two new nuts and bolts since the Stillen exhaust didn't have studs (unlike the factory muffler). Everything sounds a lot louder but it's a very low and aggressive tone, like a Stromung on a BMW.

I like the tone, but it brings a lot of attention to the car and is a little louder on the highway than I expected. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I liked the one I used to have too. I should have kept it, sold it here for $50 a long time ago. I could have used it again now when I am going turbo and gotten a VRS piping kit to go with it. IMO, it is not worth what Stillen asks in price for it though. You could reproduce something even slightly better for less, if you could mandrel bend piping.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought Stillen discontinued those mufflers...at least that's what I was told last year when it came time to replace the one that literally rusted off my car. I wanted another Stillen because I loved the sound, it's cheap, and it's an quick easy bolt on. But I went with an HKS system instead ... thank God.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where did you buy the stillen muffler at and how much was it? I already have 2 and quater inch pipes and want to replace the muffler.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
empower99 said:
Just picked it up from Salah a few days ago and decided to throw it on yesterday. Install was a breeze, took about 20 minutes. Only thing that held me was finding two new nuts and bolts since the Stillen exhaust didn't have studs (unlike the factory muffler). Everything sounds a lot louder but it's a very low and aggressive tone, like a Stromung on a BMW.

I like the tone, but it brings a lot of attention to the car and is a little louder on the highway than I expected. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
nice!

what about the top of the trunk picture? ;)

I wanna see.. how it uh.. lines up with the body lines..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
liupj said:
nice!

what about the top of the trunk picture? ;)

I wanna see.. how it uh.. lines up with the body lines..
Errr, nothing to see on top of the trunk. Nothing at all, no siree. Body lines match up good up top. Thanks for asking, I appreciate your concern about the workmanship of my vehicle. :tongue:

Yeah, it's NLA as far as I know and I bought it used from someone local. There is some rust on it since it was from an east coast car, but it's not bad. Very easy to bolt on, very easy to take off.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How much hp does the stillen muffler give....and how much @ the wheels....? What's the best exhaust system.

·
all motor
1,820 Posts
mrstaff00 said:
How much hp does the stillen muffler give....and how much @ the wheels....? What's the best exhaust system.
it doesnt really add any horsepower on a stock car... the best exhaust system is based on preference. i say go with a 2.5 inch custom. but there is the VRS system, Megan Racing system, there are tons of them. search around and you will find plenty of info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts