SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the story. I've got a Flowmaster 50 series on my 97 SE-R. It sounds OK (emphasis on *OK*) but it lacks in looks. What about the Stillen muffler? Anyone have any experience with it? Is it stainless w/ the shiny finish? Does it come w/ tips? How big?

I did go through the SE-R.net files, but I just wanted a few more good/horror stories about this particular muffler....

Thanks to anyone who cares to reply.....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's actually a guy on SE-R.net that's been trying to get rid of his Stillen because it's too freakin' loud!! The only one I've heard on a Sentra was pretty close to ridiculously loud, but maybe that would be what some folks want. I personally am interested in those mufflers with the removable silencers that you can "tune".

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a Stillen muffler, and it is a POS. I put my OE muffler back on last weekend, and the car feels much better, plus I can talk in the car. After driving 1000 miles in 2 days a few weekends ago, my ears were ringing when I got home. Don't waste your money on it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awww, man. That sucks. No Stillen? What should I go with then? My Flowmaster is a little crappy...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is that Courtesy muffler, and does it fit SE-R B13's?

·
Registered
166 Posts
HKS cat back! Got rid of my Borla cat back now I can here my radio @ low volume. I love it plus I didn't loose any power.now when I get on it my CAI sings out loud.....The only down side (or sleeper look) is the little exhaust tip.the down side to that is I can't find myself cutting the tip off my 550. exhaust system..

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I had the stillen on my car too, and it rusted through in like 1.5 years and I live 5 hours away from the ocean.... real loud, when I sold it there was rust and junk coming out of the tip. someone would have to pay me to put it back on my car.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had my Stillen exhaust on my car since '96 and its great. It is not stainless, but its aluminum coated, and so far it has been fine. Dont listen to this crap that its too loud. It has a really sweet sound to it, trust me, I have heard a LOT worse. It has dual 2.5" polished tips on it that look really nice, to me thats better than some obnoxious 4" can as a tip like most ricers have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts