SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stillen rear sway bar and if I go over a large bump I'm pretty sure that it hits the car (the brackets that hold the bar on), now I have an idea as to what shocks to buy but i'm still debating on lowering springs becuase of this 'bottoming out' i would get Eibach, the one that lowers 1.4". Does anyone lower their car with this sway bar, and if so does it bottom out? My conclusion is that if I go for the lowering with new shocks that are stiffer then stock it shouldnt' hit anymore,.. am I right?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have the S/T rear sway bar. It's just a U-shaped piece of steel that fits inside the rear beam and (trailing arm things). There is no way it should be hitting anything. What does the stillen rear bar look like? Are the bolts loose? Was the bar designed gfor the B13?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a U shaped bar but the mounting brakets are, what I beleive, are hitting. they clamp onto the trailing arms and the tops of them stick up about half inch or higher (not bigger then an inch) All the bolts are tight. I actually know they are hitting cuase where it has been hitting the frame there are small dents.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The bar I believe he has is designed for a Maxima. I've seen one on a '96 SE-R, and it was HUGE. It clamps on the rear beam sides instead of bolting on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it has them brackets that bolt on. It is one for the 200, I remember the instructions (god they were HORRIBLE!!) And yes it is big, but is it safe to drop it 1.4 inches???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts