·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it goes for like $545 on their website.
Can anyone tell me what the hell it is?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Its the GTI-R manifold. You can get the mani from Nissan Motorsports for $400?ish. Steelin marks it up a bit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, I just found this on their site, at this link. what's up with this statement:

"No engine cries out for turbo power more than the SR20DE. However a smog legal Turbo kit that develops real power is just not do-able. We know this and tell it to a half dozen of you every day. You win! We give up! For the outlaws among you, this kit provides most of everything you need to turbocharge your car."

I'm NA at the moment, but why is it that I have a hard time believing that if you turbo your SR20DE that you are therefore not smog legal??

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Smog Legal

I live in Mass as well and have been looking into this for a while now.

It will not be smog legal. There is no place to hook up the EGR on a turbo manifold. They could fail us for that alone. And the car would fail on NOX, it needs EGR.If you come up with any thoughts let me know. I only live about 50 minutes from Framingham.

Regards Rob

·
VE 96 SE-R
2,762 Posts
Hotshot Performance, FMax, & I guy named Bruce Collins all produce turbo manifolds for our motor with the EGR for around $500. You can build your own turbo system or buy the kit from FMax. As long as the car runs clean and you have all the sensors etc. on then it should pass a visual inspection. The Stillen kit is not worth it. Jim Wof Technology also makes a kit that is CARB legal (smog legal) but they said they are not building any more until next year:( . Oh well.

Robert
96 SE-R (waiting for HS turbo kit)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Didn't know that.

I didn't think any one made it with the egr hook-up. I wonder if it would pass a Mass smog test? Don't need a carb exemption number here like Cali.

I called JWT a week ago they still have a ways to go. I wouldn't hold my breath. It will be 3 years in April that they started on this.

·
Registered
120 Posts
hehe i live in iowa... if you have a muffler the cops dont bother.. no inspections woo hooo... just make it simi quiet.. and you are cool

·
BOOSTIN AIN'T EASY!
656 Posts
the jim wolf kit is going to use some gti-r pulsar stuff with the egr on the down pipe. the whole thing with that is that technically it should not have an intercooler to be legal plus you would have to custom make your piping to look like the jwt kit. I am having my car done like the jwt kit but when it comes time to smog it i will probably need to take some stuff off and make it exactly like jwt's in order to pass smog. i am putting an intercooler and injectors on. which isn't part of the smog legal kit but a turbo with out these items and with out the maf and a few other things just isn't worth the money. i have my smog by the end of this month then i am going to have my kit installed, I have almost everything i need, then i will have two years to enjoy my turbo before i must uninstall or switch around in order to pass smog.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Man that sux for all yall you all need to move down to Florida. There is no such thing a smog leagal down here its all leagal;)

Jason

·
Registered
342 Posts
There are no more inspections in Florida; however, tampering with the pollution control devices carries a $10,000 fine.

Cheers,
Charlie :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts