SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the turbo kit that stillen offers on their webpage?

·
SE-R Nut-in-Training
161 Posts
I called $tillen not too long ago for info. Basically it is a GTI-R T-28 and manifold. Their price is $1500 for both, but you will still need intercooler, piping, injectors, and the rest. It's a stock wastegate set @ 7psi. it would probably involve a LOT of fabrication, and I think you're still limited to around 280 hp. The Hotshot kit is fairly cheap (3300?) and includes everything. Of course, you don't have the pride of doing it yourself. Hope this helps.
Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says Stillen Turbo Starter Kit. I don't know too much about what is in the kit by the picture. Do all turbo applications need an intercooler? Also do you know the price of the kit you were talking about that includes everything.
Thanks again,
Ben

·
SE-R Nut-in-Training
161 Posts
It is ONLY the turbo and manifold/shorty downpipe, though I'm sure they can sell you the injectors as well. I'm not sure if all turbo setups need an intercooler, but I know it's recommended. My XR4Ti wasn't intercooled, and neither was JWT's prototype kit. I think Hotshot's kit is $3300, but go to Hotshot.com and check. It says Coming Soon, but is available now. It has a T-3, which gives you a little more potential. If you want monster power, I think F-Max is the best choice. You can't put the big T-3/T04 turbo on the Hotshot manifold. But for something streetable with potential for 300hp or so (w/ proper tuning), and keeping your a/c intact I haven't seen anything better. If anyone has, I'd like to know.
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts