SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Her 1st track day in 2017
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys interested in hitting the drive-in movies on May 5th? That should be the 2nd night for Spiderman 3, so it should be a pretty cool movie that is somewhat kid related (I'll probably bring my almost 6 yo).

Here's the place: SkyView. It is about 4 blocks from my house as a reference point.

It usually opens at 6pm (or 7pm depending on the time of the year), so you can get there early, hang out, eat, bs, etc and then watch the movie which starts at dark. Plus you get 2 movies for the price (~$8/person).

I assume they will have Spiderman3 that night since it should have just opened, but I'm not 100% certain.

If we get 3-4 cars beside each other, then that will provide enough room for others that may show up late to sit near us. You can also bring your own food and drinks in (beer, etc is allowed).

Questions?

Josh

PM'ed: Black98SeR; iMagnusX; b13magoo; puddin'; BBYE V8; twisted200ser; Izzy's Cages; gomba; jokergrin; '97200SXSE-R; 95200sxserboost

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I can't make this one, but if we do another I can probably make it. Jen graduates that day and we have a huge family dinner that night.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
I never fully understood how alcohol is allowed at a place filled w/cars. Isn't it illegal to drink in your car even when it's parked?

or do you have to drink outside of your car?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I will venture out...and possibly in my new NX?!?!?! And I'll try to bring the girlfriend, too. I think she will like that if she's not working that night, anyway.

And Gomba - you probably can't drink alcohol, even parked, on a public roadway, but on private property while parked, it is fine. Think of all the tailgating during sporting events...

good times!
steve

·
Registered
224 Posts
Guys, the drive in really is a good time. Most people don't even know one is still around and this will give you a chance to experience it for the first time with friends. Go once and you'll find yourself coming back; maybe with a significant other for a quaint evening. And after this you'll know exactly what to expect when you come back with her. Better yet, bring significant other this time, the more the merrier!

And yes, you can bring/drink beer. Lord knows Josh and my wife have done enough of that while we were there. :cheers:

About the only thing they do not allow is fire like grills or candles. They have all the usual theater food & drink at the concession stand. There is a Schnuck's right next door, shop ahead or keep you ticket and you can walk over and buy whatever you might need/want to eat or drink. Or bring carry out from your favorite place. Except for a long drive there, a perfect evening couldn't be easier.

Josh, you got a contingency plan if it rains?

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh, you got a contingency plan if it rains?
Yep, get in your car and watch. :D

Oh, you mean like a real one? Actually, you can just sit in your car and watch if it rains. <insert comical "if this car is a rocking" joke here>

Like Brian said, it is pretty fun and you get 2 movies for the price of 1 at the theater.

Josh

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
I think I am out iirc the wife has some plans for her birthday on that day.

·
Registered
181 Posts
not positive yet but so far I am planning on it

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
SInce my other half took a new job she is off evey weekend so it might be doable for us.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured I would bump this up. If you are planning on attending, I would recommend bringing lawn chair(s), and a battery powered radio - I'll have one, but spares are handy if the batteries die, etc.

Then it is up to you on if/what you want to bring food, drinks, etc.

Kids are free under 12, and the box office opens at 7pm. With it being opening weekend for Spider3, you might want to get there a little early - I'll plan on doing that anyway. Movies usually start ~8pm or so - once it is dark.

Josh

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll be there but Lyn has to work I think. Oh, yea...I'll be there in my NX, by the way. ;)

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
We are still planning on it based on the weather. Call me dumb but is the radio for the drive in stuff? I have not been to one in 20+ years.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
I'll be there but Lyn has to work I think. Oh, yea...I'll be there in my NX, by the way. ;)
Cool, you got your car. You should make a post over in the 'members rides' section. I also ran across your post about Calum ECU and we'll have to see. I've been going back and forth between just plugging in the JWT or going w/a Calum and trying to tune it. I may just play it safe and go w/a JWT until I feel comfortable enough to tune my car.

I unfortunately won't be able to make it to the drive in, but have fun and good luck w/the car.

-G

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
Guess ill bring my shop radio then.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im planning on going, so who else is?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Im planning on going, so who else is?
I'll be there for sure.

Just a little rundown for those who haven't been: The entrance is between the drive in and the Schnuck's next door; look for the long driveway that goes to a little ticket booth. Gates open at 7, Josh and I will be there early to grab at least two good spots, a third car would be nice. It's $8.50 per person; if you're cheap, got a trunk and a trusting partner that's your business. :D At the booth they'll ask what show and take your money. They'll hand you ticket(s), a trash bag and a small map of the place. They'll tell you which screen your movies are on, and what color pole to park by. Tall vehicles (trucks, SUVs and vans) go by orange poles, cars go by white ones. We'll try to be close the screen and centered. If you get there later, just park as close to us as you can, grab you stuff and come on over. Josh, did I forget anything?

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
Good to know Brian. Like i told Josh im always early but i will be parked in the outcast truck section i guess..lol. Looking forward to it actualy. Planning my eats all ready.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts