SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May someone please inform me on what is the max hp/boost I can put on this stock compression from a bluebird det. Fuel management would consist of 300zx fuel pump, 50lb inj. and cobra maf sensor. Can someone also tell me how to convert 1 bar into psi.

Thanks,
Chris Alfonso

·
Registered
782 Posts
1.0 Bar = 14.5 PSI
We have seen stock 9.5:1 SR20DE's hold up to 400+ hp on the stock bottom end. The SR20DET should be able to produce the same hp figures, but not on a stock T25. You will need to have a larger turbo(T3/T04E is most common) and be able to support 21-23 PSI(50lb/hr injectors). This will only be accomplished with the JWT 4 bar fuel program, if you decide to go with the JWT setup. You can produce these same figures with a stand alone, as long as you have the right fuel and ignition maps and given you have it tuned and dialed in to it's maximun potential. This will require plenty of test and tune on a dyno.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What about water injection? Isn't it necessary to reach the 400WHP goal with a DET. What's the maximum WHP that can be had with a DET with 50LB injectors+ 4 bar fuel program+TO3/4E+FMI?
HF
Turbo 92

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can produce 400+ hp WITHOUT H20 Injection. I don't think it is *necessary*, but it can't hurt it. I am not sure if anyone has pushed an SR20DET to it's limits to see what kind of HP figures can be accomplished. I am in the process of dyno tuning the car this week. I will keep everyone informed on what the DET can handle/produce.

------------------

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.7 @ 112 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speakin of fuel upgrades, does anyone here happen to know what type of fuel pump F-MAX uses in their Stg. 2 kit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think Fmax uses 300 ZX TT pump $226.00 @ courtesy nissan.But you can get a remanufacturated one from phyton injection for about $150.00 @ Nippon.
Hector Firpo
92 turbo

·
Registered
782 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CruznSER:
About the 4-bar fuel setup..I am assuming that I won't need this set-up since the most boost I will ever want to use on the street would be around 1.1 bar/16 pounds.

Louis, I've read about your sputtering prob running this amount of boost. I've also read about how you swapped out the wires for stock and went back to copper plugs vs. plats. I was wondering, what is an ideal setup as far as for spark/ignition when running 16lbs on the street. Stock ignition: at what point does it start to crap out boost-wise, and how do I go about modding it.
</font>
You will be right on the edge if you try to run past 14-15 psi on the 3 bar fuel program! You will need to run an MSD 6A or 6AL (SCI same thing)if you are looking at producing 300+ hp. The stock ignition starts to give out at about 1 bar (14.5 psi). Basically, the same point where you're going to be boosting at for maximum power! Stick with the Stock Nissan Wires! The Platinum vs Copper plug debate is still going on (My car!)! My car seems to run better on Copper plugs! Go Figure! If you go the Copper plug route, make sure you change them out ever couple of weeks!

Say Cheeze! Like My Smile?

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 288.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.7 @ 112 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About the 4-bar fuel setup..I am assuming that I won't need this set-up since the most boost I will ever want to use on the street would be around 1.1 bar/16 pounds.

Louis, I've read about your sputtering prob running this amount of boost. I've also read about how you swapped out the wires for stock and went back to copper plugs vs. plats. I was wondering, what is an ideal setup as far as for spark/ignition when running 16lbs on the street. Stock ignition: at what point does it start to crap out boost-wise, and how do I go about modding it.

BTW..what I mean by street is street tires and premium 92 gas at my local ARCO station. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts