SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was wondering if it is neccessary to have that heat shield over the stock header??

------------------
- Dennis
http://www.geocities.com/sr20deswap/
-91 Classic w/ Priemra Swap

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't think so. But if someone does see a problem with it, please let me know. After getting a ticket, I had to take my Hotshot header out of my 1.6 and I put in my stock exhaust manifold. Being lazy, I didn't put the heat shield back on. I've been running the car like that for about 3 weeks now.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
0 Posts
hey , check this out,
After my first failed header attempt,
I put the original manifold back on and was too lazy to put the heat shield back on. A week later I get a radiator leak up top across from the manifold. I dont know if it had anything to do with it but I would definitely put it back on. Besides, would you want all that heat everywhere?

------------------
-

-

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well, don't forget when you get a HS or AEBS header it removes the heatshield....so I don't think removing it from the stock manifold will cause any harm....

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Hotshot header is ceramic coated to prevent dramatic heat transfer. Where is the stock manifold has no such coating. I can not speak to any other brands of aftermarket headers.

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
I never put my heat shield back on mine, I haven't had any problems.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, B15 engine, PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Put it on and be safe. Hotshot does not recommend custom making a heat shield for their header.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts