SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about being off topic as in discussing a NA not turbo.

My son has a 95 Nissan 240 SX SE, stock KA motor, and I'd like to buy him Greddy or Hot Shot header for Christmas. Any of you selling your's in great condition due to going turbo?

Whats best source on new headers? I find it much easier to source parts for my 91 SE-R than his 240.

One vendor told me Greddy dropped the 95 KA, I just sent inquiry to Greddy to confirm. Interested in high end intakes also.

Thanks for any assistance.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Hey man

check out the 240sx forum at freshalloy.com. there are more 240 guys there than you can point a stick at.

i had a 1991 240 too...and i used to hang out on those forums. most people used Hotshot headers. Pacesetters makes headers for the 240 as well. so does MSDS. a lot of guys on that forum though talk bad about HS, although here on the sr20 forum, everyone says its the way to go. i think on the freshalloy forum, there are just a few very voiceful individuals who like to bash HS. however, they do have reasons...

for intakes, many recommend the Injen Cold air intake. they run upwards of 180 i believe. its aluminum. others use the Hotshot intake, made of steel. still others use AEM. i guess each one would be a judgement call on your behalf. good luck!

i wish my dad would buy me headers for my car this christmas. ah well, that's what my girlfriend is for :p

hehe, good luck sir!

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NismoSER said:
Hey man

check out the 240sx forum at freshalloy.com. there are more 240 guys there than you can point a stick at.

i had a 1991 240 too...and i used to hang out on those forums. most people used Hotshot headers. ..../a lot of guys on that forum though talk bad about HS, although here on the sr20 forum, everyone says its the way to go. i think on the freshalloy forum, there are just a few very voiceful individuals who like to bash HS. however, they do have reasons...

for intakes, many recommend the Injen Cold air intake. they run upwards of 180 i believe. its aluminum. others use the Hotshot intake, made of steel. still others use AEM. i guess each one would be a judgement call on your behalf. good luck!

i wish my dad would buy me headers for my car this christmas. ah well, that's what my girlfriend is for :p

hehe, good luck sir!
Thanks for the info I'll check it out. Hot Shot headers on the way to me for my 91 Classic SE-R. Pullin my son along on his 240 - gotta keep the mod cars and bikes (mainly Harley) faith alive. He's done some research - he told me hot shot or greddy headers and injen intakes. (good boy(18 y/o)). Like father like son. Unfortunately for him that may mean fat and bald by age 46. On the up side he may be happy and doing well with bikes, cars, and world wide travel and long time good female companion.

Thanks again ....

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
AC7880 said:

Like father like son. Unfortunately for him that may mean fat and bald by age 46. On the up side he may be happy and doing well with bikes, cars, and world wide travel and long time good female companion.

Thanks again ....
hehehee.
glad i could help. :D

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NismoSER said:
just thought you'd like to know..

go to groupbuycenter.com, they have a group buy on greddy headers, and the 95-98 240 was listed if you were interested

or just go here:
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?row_id=3870
Thanks for the tip, but thats the vendor that says Greddy no longer makes headers for the 95 and up 240 SX. That was after I joined the group buy and gave him my credit card info to lock it in. :confused: :(

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TX180SX said:
hey maybe you should just get him a turbo kit then.:D he would like that. Of course he may outrun you..........ok then how about an exhaust? :p
Turbo too rich for my blood. I have some e-mail inquiries out to vendors on the headers, both greddy and hot shot.

We measured under his car and will do custom exhaust in the spring, similar to what we did on my car detailed here: http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1574&highlight=custom+exhaust+long .

Thanks much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts