SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was wondering if anyone knew what the stock / OEM brake pad material is for the B13 Sentra SE-R?

I'm currently shopping around for new pads after I made the mistake awhile ago of getting cheapy organics at Midas, and can't decide between semi-metallic/ceramic pads. I'm inclined to go for ceramic as I had good experience with them on my RX-7 but I've read that they can wear rotors down quicker if they weren't made to use ceramic pads.

I consulted the owners manual and FSM for some insight but found no indication of pad type.

Thanks in advance!

·
Gotta love that SR20!
368 Posts
Hi all I was wondering if anyone knew what the stock / OEM brake pad material is for the B13 Sentra SE-R?

I'm currently shopping around for new pads after I made the mistake awhile ago of getting cheapy organics at Midas, and can't decide between semi-metallic/ceramic pads. I'm inclined to go for ceramic as I had good experience with them on my RX-7 but I've read that they can wear rotors down quicker if they weren't made to use ceramic pads.

I consulted the owners manual and FSM for some insight but found no indication of pad type.

Thanks in advance!
OEM's are semi-metalic. I once got some cheap organics as well and the only thing they were good for was turning my wheels black once a week. If you're running stock brakes stick with OEM Nissan pads. Wagner ThermoQuiet's are a decent aftermarket choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OEM's are semi-metalic. I once got some cheap organics as well and the only thing they were good for was turning my wheels black once a week. If you're running stock brakes stick with OEM Nissan pads. Wagner ThermoQuiet's are a decent aftermarket choice.
Ah the mystery is solved, thank you very much!

Though are the pads semi-metallic in the rear as well?
Looking on amazon (been ordering lots of stuff from there lately due to a prime account) and they had the ThermoQuiet semi-metal fronts but didn't seem to for the rears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts