SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I thought about that myself also. Most oem tranny coolers are part of the radiator. If it is for oil though where the heck would the lines go to on the engine?

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
in one of the pictures there are a bunch of lines going into a small box. thats the ABS actuator, but im sure you guys arent talking about that one.

im guessing your talking about the one line that makes a loop in front of the radiator. if this is the case, that is a power steering fluid coller, like on the NX's. the sentras had a heatsync type fluid cooler, but the nx'en had a loop in front of the radiator, that is not an engine oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
92nx2k said:
in one of the pictures there are a bunch of lines going into a small box. thats the ABS actuator, but im sure you guys arent talking about that one.

im guessing your talking about the one line that makes a loop in front of the radiator. if this is the case, that is a power steering fluid coller, like on the NX's. the sentras had a heatsync type fluid cooler, but the nx'en had a loop in front of the radiator, that is not an engine oil cooler.
This is what I'm talking about

·
Infiniti Parts Guy
979 Posts
98sr20ve said:
You do not need it on a street car. Only a track car. Just run some Mobil 1 and be done for the street.
Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant by driven hard.... Couldn't hurt on a street car, just isn't 100% necessary.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I have one of those things sitting in my garage. Got it with my Avenir from a pile of parts at the engine place. SR20VE is written on the side of it in marker :) I haven't decided if I want to put it on my car somehow yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
oil cooler is for the stock CVT trans. They run [email protected]#$ hot, you should see all the extra cooling fins and ducting on a Murano

·
Registered
191 Posts
whitehawk said:
Yeah, what he said ^ thats a tranny cooler.

I will tell you all on thursday, as that clip should be here on wed....

I will be taking lots of pics, etc, and posting them on my site...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.