SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but can't seem to find my answer. How much do the stock 96 ser wheels weigh? Just asking cause I want to make sure I get something lighter when I buy my rims.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
94 Sentra XE- for sale
pix

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chrissy:
I tried searching but can't seem to find my answer. How much do the stock 96 ser wheels weigh? Just asking cause I want to make sure I get something lighter when I buy my rims.

</font>
15lbs

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Just make sure you don't go cheap on light weight wheels. It's like this; with wheels you want them to be light, strong, and cheap. You can only pick two out of the three though

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Old
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has been asked a thousand times before. But what rims can anyone suggest. I want TE37's but obviously don't want to spend that much. I was thinking of getting one of 2 different types of Kosei's. If anyone knows of any good deals on these can you let me know.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Just be careful when picking out light weight wheels if you live in a city. I know they seem cool, but lets say you hit a big pothole and your 9-12lbs wheels suddenly crack or possibly get bent which is more likely to happen. Unless the rims have a purpose for road racing or track racing stay away from them. It would cost you more to replace a 12lb wheel then some ol brand wheel that looks good and does its purpose in providing the looks.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Not everyone goes for looks though
I've wanted light weight wheels simply to go faster, handle better, and stop better. I personally don't care too much about how they look as long as they aren't ass ugly. Wheels that are generally light weight are SSR wheels, BBS, and Racing Hart makes some really nice light wheels... the really light ones are the CP-05 I think. I want to get some SSR Competitions... but they are still a bit over $300 a wheel depending on size. I don't have the money, plus they'll probably just get stolen so I'm just sticking to the stock wheels

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I suggest Rota wheels. If you are good at surfing the web, I'm sure you can find some great deals. There are three wheels that I suggest from 'em.

1. Circuit 8's
2. Subzero
3. *New* Slipstream

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, I want to get lighter wheels to help the cars handling but can't afford a damn thing. Its just real important to me because I drive an SE w/steel wheels. Does anyone know how much these weigh. I would be happy just to go to the 15" SE-R wheels. Even if they only save me a few pounds, will this make any difference or do you only notice if you lose like 10 lbs.? They're not the fanciest but definately better than hubcaps.

·
Registered
723 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sfhellwig:
Yeah, I want to get lighter wheels to help the cars handling but can't afford a damn thing. Its just real important to me because I drive an SE w/steel wheels. Does anyone know how much these weigh. I would be happy just to go to the 15" SE-R wheels. Even if they only save me a few pounds, will this make any difference or do you only notice if you lose like 10 lbs.? They're not the fanciest but definately better than hubcaps.</font>
i know someone who might be selling a set of 15" SE-R wheels

·
egg-less
348 Posts
FWIW, SCC did a weight test some months back. The conclusion they came to was that reducing one pound of rotating mass on each wheel was the equivalent to losing 50 lbs of "static" weight (ripping out the rear and passenger seats, a/c and a few other things).

I agree with spdracerUT. You can only pic 2 of the 3. I have white 17X7 Racing Hart CP-08 (17lbs) on my white NX. What I found in my research is that, in general, cast wheels are the heaviest and cheapest, pressure cast are much stronger and more expensive, and forged wheels are the strongest and most expensive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would love to pick up a set of 15" SE-R rims that were in good shape but times are a little tough right now. Somebody who wants to unload theres shoot me a price and we can go from there. I'm kind of curious how much they go for compared to aftermarket rims. I know there will always be SE-R rims for sale by somebody upgrading but does anyone know how much they cost new (dealership)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts