SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bravo man!! Way to go to a Honda site to bash some Nissan's.
http://forums.clubsi.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/009916.html
I don't see why you would do something like that. Now you have Mospeed all pissed off. And he's a good guy. If you don't like the man's car that's fine, is it really necessary to call him out on another car site? I mean there's enough animosity between import owners already, do we really need this? Granted his car might seem ricey to some people. But not to the extent that you were bashing. It's a 1.6, maybe he's happy with the performance and decided to go more show than go. Why don't you put a civic up on that site for it being ricey. There's MUCH more of them all riced out. IMHO you deserve the a$$hole of the month award.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 05-26-2001).]

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
all he needs to do is swap a DET and paint it black..!

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifterRoyal Purple synthetics

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
riiiiight....not proven....red and black are the faster colors...white is for rabbits...

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifterRoyal Purple synthetics

·
Registered
883 Posts
Damn, that **** is nasty. Whoevers car that is sure does have some talent. I dont ever think I could dream up a wonder car like that.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Anyone who rices out a 1.6L 200SX is not one of us. A real performance enthusiast could have a real SR20-powered Nissan for the money spent on the "stylez." The car is just a platform for expression, just like a flashy jacket or an eccentric haircut. That Nissan could have well as been a Honda or a Hyundai. The owner would have put that crap on his car no matter what.

Generic bodywork doesn't have anything to do with RePReSenTin' Nissan. If he had "NiSSan PRiDe," he should have been "sportin" NOS, bolt-ons, or a SR20 swap. Even Skyline taillights would have actually have something to do with Nissan.

Let him fry in front of the Honda gang. Rice is passé, and I could care less about iMPoRT WayZ. Do show all you want, but that's not in my arena. I get my kicks with with R-compound Kumhos, not yellow spray paint.

And this time I think Storm is 100% right. Yikes! I think I need to go to bed.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I have nothing against the 1.6L. There are some fast ones on the board over there(Wes, etc.). I also think that creativity is a good thing when customizing your car. However, he did take it to a level of guadiness<sp>. His interior looks cheap, I've always hated the liscence plate thing, and wings taller that the roof should be left to cars that actually use wings that big. I personally think that its cool to do whatever makes you happy, people think im stupid for building a fast 4 cyl, but hey, its what I want to do. So in other words, do what you want to do with your car, not everyone is gonna have the same opinion. And remember one good quote that I heard on the SE-R mailing list. "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks." Now lets stop this pissing match between whose car is better, we all drive Nissans, leave the pissing matches to clubSI.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts

mmmmm, mmmmm, good!

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jordan, I think you were wrong for posting that up on the cubsi bb. The car may not be your "style" or mine for that matter, but I don't think it was right to post it. I don't post pics of all the cars I don't like. I personally don't like the grille on your car, but you don't see me posting it up on club si. See my point, man? Mospeed has put alot of time and money into his ride and if you don't like it, then fine you don't have to. Just respect the time, money and effort he put into his ride. This isn't a flame man, so don't take it that way. later

·
8,148 Posts
I don'tlike rice but that car looks decent. it is just that he could have donw w/o the Suburau wing. If it ere smaller and wider it would decent. Also that trunk. The side lights only look decent, just get rid of that ****ing sideways license plate. You don't know how many of those I see on pickups and Suzukis here in NYC. (BTW, which seems to have this imaginary bridge to Florida we can travel on I can't find for some reason)
Also either put the yellow Vinyl on both sides or just leave it clean. If he wanted to stand out leave the vinyl and finish the other side.
Either way is is a half hearted effort to me because it looks good but has too many extras that were not necessary.
BTW, the fact that it is a 1.6 makes no difference to me cause I know he will never catch me and the drum brakes are what seperates the men from the boys. When I look back and see them on classics or B14's I just say, whateva and choose not to entertain them.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
I don't like rice but that car looks decent. it is just that he could have done w/o the Suburau wing. If it were smaller and wider it would decent. Also that trunk. The side lights only look decent, just get rid of that ****ing sideways license plate. You don't know how many of those I see on pickups and Suzukis here in NYC. (BTW, which seems to have this imaginary bridge to Florida we can travel on I can't find for some reason)
Also either put the yellow vinyl on both sides or just leave it clean. If he wanted to stand out leave the vinyl and finish the other side.
Either way is is a half hearted effort to me because it looks good but has too many extras that were not necessary.
BTW, the fact that it is a 1.6 makes no difference to me cause I know he will never catch me and the drum brakes are what seperates the men from the boys. When I look back and see them on classics or B14's I just say, whateva and choose not to entertain them.
</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE ON THERE COMMENTS ON MY CAR IF YOU HATE IT OHH WELL SCREW YOU I DID THIS CAR FOR MY SELF AND IF YOU LIKE IT THANKS,IT MAY BE A LIL OVERBORED BUT I HAVE A STORAGE ROOM FILLED WITH TROPHYS FROM(NIRA,NOPI,IMPORT SHOWDOWN JUST TO NAME A FEW)SO THE JUDGES MUST LIKE IT

AND BY THE WAY STROM8800 WHERENT YOU THE ONE ABOUT A YEAR AGO THAT WAS EMAILING ME SAYING HOW MUCH YOU LOVED MY CAR AND YOU HAD IT ON YOUR SCREEN SAVER BUSTING A NUT OVER IT EVERYNIGHT ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS DONT BE A HATER JUST WORK ON YOUR CAR AND IT MIGHT GET SOME ATTETION

·
Registered
883 Posts
If your going to put your car up on the internet, expect to recieve critisism. My self, I think it looks bad. But you know what, some people dont like the clean look, like I do, oh well. If thats what floats your boat, more power to you. But to call someone a asshole over there opinions, thats not sayiung much about you. I dont recall seeing storm saying anything regarding this person, except maybe he thinks he has bad taste? I dont know, but really, calling someone an asshole for voicing there opinions, is just messed up.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
If your going to put your car up on the internet, expect to recieve critisism. My self, I think it looks bad. But you know what, some people dont like the clean look, like I do, oh well. If thats what floats your boat, more power to you. But to call someone a asshole over there opinions, thats not sayiung much about you. I dont recall seeing storm saying anything regarding this person, except maybe he thinks he has bad taste? I dont know, but really, calling someone an asshole for voicing there opinions, is just messed up.

</font>
I think the reason why he was called an asshole is because he felt the need to go onto another site badmouthing his car. Not even a Nissan site. Look this is just a difference of opinion. But I find it funny that the same person that said that stuff about Mospeed's car. Was complimenting him on it in the past. I can live with the fact that we disagree.

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:

</font>
THE WORD ASSHOLE NEVER CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH BUT IF THAT WHAT YOU THINK OF STORM MORE POWER TO YOU

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.